Jordon Ibe

In a prepared statement given at a police interview, football star Jordon Ibe told investigators he didn't realise that he had broken the law.

He said: 'In relation to the failing to stop. I got out of the vehicle both to inspect my vehicle, the other vehicle, and the cafe for any damage.

'I saw that there was. I waited to see if anyone within the premises was going to come out, or indeed from neighbouring premises, with whom I could exchange my details.

'Nobody did come out to speak to me.

I assume because of the time of day, there was nobody around with whom I could exchange details and hence, after waiting, I drove away from the scene.

'Unaware of the fact that I was under a duty to report the matter to the police as soon as reasonably practicable, and not knowing whether or not the local police stations as open, I thought it would acceptable to visit the cafe the following day, try to exchange details there and then.

'Under this assumption I did visit the cafe the next day. I was unable to exchange my details as no persons were there (possibly because the damage), but I did take photographs and videos of the scene.

'I became aware that the police had visited my house and had spoken to my girlfriend who made them fully aware of the circumstances and therefore took no further action as far as the police were concerned.'

Surely 99.9% of people would dial 999 if they had damaged a building

Does make you wonder, a bang average premier league player, can afford a £130k car, and is on that sort of money.
Assuming he'll get a years ban and a small fine

It's such a shame for him, that in a season where Fraser and H.Wilson have played almost every game due to having no other options, that he's messed up so badly off the pitch he didn't get a chance on the pitch.

How differently this could have been for him, he could have got a run of games and now be a first team starter (yea, I know, he's never shown enough before, but you never know), but instead he's just cast aside due to his own stupidity.

In a prepared statement given at a police interview, football star Jordon Ibe told investigators he didn't realise that he had broken the law.

He said: 'In relation to the failing to stop. I got out of the vehicle both to inspect my vehicle, the other vehicle, and the cafe for any damage.

'I saw that there was. I waited to see if anyone within the premises was going to come out, or indeed from neighbouring premises, with whom I could exchange my details.

'Nobody did come out to speak to me.

I assume because of the time of day, there was nobody around with whom I could exchange details and hence, after waiting, I drove away from the scene.

'Unaware of the fact that I was under a duty to report the matter to the police as soon as reasonably practicable, and not knowing whether or not the local police stations as open, I thought it would acceptable to visit the cafe the following day, try to exchange details there and then.

'Under this assumption I did visit the cafe the next day. I was unable to exchange my details as no persons were there (possibly because the damage), but I did take photographs and videos of the scene.

'I became aware that the police had visited my house and had spoken to my girlfriend who made them fully aware of the circumstances and therefore took no further action as far as the police were concerned.'

Surely 99.9% of people would dial 999 if they had damaged a building
So either he is the stupidest human being to ever walk the earth, or he is lying. I know what my money would be on. Both.

Well, the fact that he was found guilty kind of vindicates Eddie’s decision to “send him to Siberia”. There were murmurings that maybe Eddie was being too harsh but this suggests he called it right. Embarrassment for the club would have been much worse had he been a first team regular and important player for us,
Didn’t Liverpool have a buy back clause ? Can we hold them to it ? ;)

Last edited:
Well, the fact that he was found guilty kind of vindicates Eddie’s decision to “send him to Siberia”. There were murmurings that maybe Eddie was being too harsh but this suggests he called it right. Embarrassment for the club would have been much worse had he been a first team regular and important player for us,
Didn’t Liverpool have a buy back clause ? Can we hold them to it ?
You cannot force a player to move against their wishes.

;