Josh Bowler

Sounds like the sort of winger I like to watch and we have had a few over the years at our club. Only 22 as well, time for improvement.

The third para re end product, we also know about that.

From Blackpool Gazette re Josh Bowler yesterday.

A bumpy ride is exactly what Fulham left-back Joe Bryan suffered on Saturday afternoon as he was cruelly twisted and turned all over the Craven Cottage pitch. He must have felt sea-sick at full-time.

The defender didn’t know whether to close down and mark tightly or back off. Ultimately neither approach worked as Bowler still found a way to get past him on an embarrassingly consistent basis.

While there’s never been a question mark over Bowler’s ability to beat a man, his final product has been the main source of contention for Blackpool fans this season – but he’s clearly beginning to rectify that.

The former Everton man could well have had two goals to his name, having clipped the top of the crossbar with a howitzer of an effort that followed another one of his trademark, Diego Maradona-esque runs towards goal.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/...he-occasion-again-to-draw-with-fulham-3547398

I thought he looked excellent out there today.

Direct and dangerous on the ball, along with a fabulous finish when he scored. Also unlucky not to get an assist with balls that flashed across the goal.

I wonder if we'll make another move for him in the summer?

He was excellent, and I wondered that too. I’d imagine if we’re still in this league we would, but if we’re promoted I would think we’d be looking for proven experience and quality at that level.

If he didn't score, you wouldn't have made the post.

Nice finish, but Dembele is what we got, and Dembele we shall support.

How many do you want in the squad, given wages are crippling?

Exactly. The goal was brilliant but you can't expect those every week. However, the rest of his play was also very impressive which would be far more important. On another day he'd have got an assist or two, and if reports are to be believed he's been putting in performances like that a lot this season.

Squad size is irrelevant when talking about the summer. There will be players moving on and players brought in.

;