Josh Bowler

Hm is this still a 'live' interest ? I got the impression that in January we moved on from Rothwell to Cantwells loan and to Dembele when we couldn't get Bowler. With Anthony, Christie, Dembele, Brooks and Stanislas do we need another winger/wide attacker ? Bloated squads where players get frustrated through lack of game time are not generally happy environments.
I like Bowler and would have no issues if we did sign him though and maybe there is a cunning plan we are not party to.
Bowler is a right winger, Dembele is a left winger. We’re going to need options in the PL. Brooks will need plenty of time and Stanislas unfortunately can’t be relied upon. Despite his qualities, if Christie ends up being our only RW option at any point then we are in for a long season. I think a new RW is essential and Bowler would be a brilliant signing. Just the kind of player we should be recruiting.

Hm is this still a 'live' interest ? I got the impression that in January we moved on from Rothwell to Cantwells loan and to Dembele when we couldn't get Bowler. With Anthony, Christie, Dembele, Brooks and Stanislas do we need another winger/wide attacker ? Bloated squads where players get frustrated through lack of game time are not generally happy environments.
I like Bowler and would have no issues if we did sign him though and maybe there is a cunning plan we are not party to.

We need another right winger I think as Brooksy will take a while to return. Christie will really benefit from some competition. We can also loan out players in January if they aren't quite up to the PL yet. It seems Bowler is also comfortable on his right foot, which gives Parker extra flexibility.

Big question marks over fitness of Stan and brooks while no guarantees that Anthony christie and dembele will step up to a higher league.

Tbf, I don't imagine we'll likely ever see Stan play much, if at all, for us again, certainly not with any regularity.

Don't forget that next season there will be 9 players on the bench (not 7) and you can use 5 of them each match (not 3). So all players will likely get more game time.

No way do we get Josh for a million. We're just unsettling him with the lure of the Premier league. I think we should expect to pay around the 3 million mark if we are serious. Still a good deal if he comes good.

Does Bowler cross the ball accurately or is he interesting clubs mainly because he's got control and a good shot? We really do need someone who can cross at speed from wide and make the best of Moore's height and determination.

Interesting that our corners and free kicks are being taken by Tavernier, who so far has done well. But also interesting that a new player gets this job.... none of the others being given the responsibility!

I think Bowler would be a fantastic signing. He is the sort of player who scores goals out of nothing and takes half chances. It's exactly what we need in this league as we won't be putting many teams under sustained pressure. He has a really low asking price if speculation is to be believed and in the worst case scenario of us getting relegated we will have a quality player who will only go up in value.
The only worrying thing is his great form so far this season will add competition for his signature and increase his asking price.

;