Josh King. The worst player to pull on our shirt??

davygravy - 25/10/2015 22:04

It really annoys me that we have so called 'supporters' like the OP. And King will obviously find his game improving when he knows he has such backing.

Welcome to the world of Tokelo Rantie - been pilloried on here since his first game.

The Alchemist - 25/10/2015 22:28

It really annoys me that we have so called 'supporters' like the OP. And King will obviously find his game improving when he knows he has such backing.

Welcome to the world of Tokelo Rantie - been pilloried on here since his first game.

I think TK had a lot of goodwill in his first season, he had genuine warmth from the fans.

AFCBade - 25/10/2015 22:34

I think TK had a lot of goodwill in his first season, he had genuine warmth from the fans.

I don't agree. After a couple of weeks, all we ever heard about was what a waste of money he was etc. At that ridiculously early point, people had made their minds up and no matter what he did, they just concentrated on the negatives.

Same now goes for King and Tomlin..

Guess we all need someone to blame. It's nothing new miind and will happen for all eternity - as a player, just pray it is not you.

Yet there are some players who make just as many mistakes who get a free ride.

There's the rub I guess.

AFCBade - 25/10/2015 22:34

Rantie had an unbelievable (and frankly unwarranted) amount of goodwill for his first two seasons even in the face of his constant bleating, excuses and underachievement.

Cherry_Bozzo - 25/10/2015 20:16

Red_till_im_ded - 25/10/2015 16:18

Woeful today. Woeful all season. Absolutely categorically not good enough at this level. L1 player at most. Can't score, can't create chances, can't win a header. Clueless. Quite possibly the worst money we have spent. Personally I don't want to see this prat play for us again.

FFS give the lad a break. Yes he is clearly struggling to make it but he is not the only one consistently at this level. If you have watched AFCB for any length of time then to even ask the question about "worst player to pull on our shirt" is IMO frankly ridiculous at this stage.

As for today I actually thought he offered more than Murray did today, not that I am suggesting for a moment that means he is better than Murray, as that too would be ridiculous.

All about opinion and I don't rate him. I haven't seen anything yet to convince me he'll come good either. As for Murray, he was the link between the midfield and King yesterday and it didn't work because king kept going awol. There was no link up between them. Players will eventually lose confidence in him. He needs a goal or two to get going but 2 goals in 100 appearances suggests it may take him a while to open his account.

He is just totally out of his depth in the Premiership.Not his fault,but if he could'nt score for Blackburn he ain't going to do it for us at this time.He may develope in time ,but that's one commodity we haven't got.

If anyone thinks the title of this thread is accurate they really need to see a psychiatrist (and go support the lot up the road)

The OP thread was a question not a statement. Questions open debate. This us a football forum where people can give their opinion. Right or wrong.

Some people can't handle a bad word said about any of the team, or the manager.

Makes you wonder why they join a discussion forum.

dragonm8 - 26/10/2015 10:34

Some people can't handle a bad word said about any of the team, or the manager.

Makes you wonder why they join a discussion forum.

There's constructive criticism, and then there's well.... this!

Its hard to think of a more ridiculous post

Red_till_im_ded - 26/10/2015 10:21

The OP thread was a question not a statement. Questions open debate. This us a football forum where people can give their opinion. Right or wrong.

It's one thing asking a question in a sensible way....but your opening post was OTT in the extreme. With supporters like you, who needs enemies.

In all the games he has played so far except for the odd few minutes here and there he has hardly touched the ball. He occasionally runs quite fast - and that is about it. He may have some hidden talents lurking deep inside but they don't show much sign of coming to the surface at the moment.

That turn and shot that hit the post wasn't bad.
He's is part of the best team ever seen and may not ever be seen again , look on the bright side the JCLs are getting restless.
Let's hope no JCLs appear on Sunday unlike the last two times

davygravy - 26/10/2015 13:02

It's one thing asking a question in a sensible way....but your opening post was OTT in the extreme. With supporters like you, who needs enemies.

Extreme in your opinion. Not in mine. Supporters like you make me smile. Bless you. If you open your eyes you'll see a real world out there.

Calling King a prat sounds more of a statement than a question to me. Also an unnecessary comment IMO.

robstrachs - 26/10/2015 16:27

That turn and shot that hit the post wasn't bad.
He's is part of the best team ever seen and may not ever be seen again , look on the bright side the JCLs are getting restless.
Let's hope no JCLs appear on Sunday unlike the last two times

Agreed. Great turn and shot, two inches to the left it would have gone in so some of the posters on here would have had to find someone else as scapegoat.

Anyone that claims any of our current (or recent) forwards are as bad as Howarth or Ashworth should be banned from the ground, this forum and from ever commenting on football ever again.

And I gave my opinion to the loaded question.
You posed the question, I repeat my reply to it, "if you think he is the worst player ever to pull on an AFCB shirt you need to see a psychiatrist or go support the lot up the road" Debate that if you want.

Red_till_im_ded - 26/10/2015 16:29

davygravy - 26/10/2015 13:02

Extreme in your opinion. Not in mine. Supporters like you make me smile. Bless you. If you open your eyes you'll see a real world out there.

Well, you could probably try and sound less patronising next time perhaps. Bless me???? Blooming heck....

My opinion is...with your opening statement...you are the kind of supporter this club doesn't need. Having a different opinion about whether a player is good or not is one thing....they way you worded that post is not the way a person should support his team.

;