Joshua King

Nice one. In 4 years, with the rate of progress he has shown last season, he will be a top player.

He he ... cmon , I can take it ! I have already made a mental note to myself not to post immediately after a match whilst under the influence this season.

yesyescherry - 11/8/2016 17:26

well deserved

Exactly the words I was thinking.

King showed immense improvements over the course of the season and went from (and I can admit this is what I thought) the AFCB equivalent of Burnley signing Jutkiewicz when they last got promoted to a PL class striker that utterly terrorised some teams.

I'm glad he's here for the long haul.

Excellent news, has great potential and was one of our best players the second half of last season.

Loved his interview on Cherries Player especially him saying he wants to score 15 goals this season and wants the team to finish top 10- he clearly believes in himself and the squad.

Have we seen a player improve so much in such a short time?
He's in top 10 of quickest players in prem

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/11986884/Fastest-players-in-the-Premier-League-201516.html?image=2

The club has put a little clip of him on twitter. They ask him how the contract negotiations came about and he says Eddie approached him a week after he got back for pre season and said he wanted to offer him a new contract to reward his performances last season. JK said he wanted to concentrate on pre season so he let his agent sort it out with the club. Sounds like signing an extension was never in doubt for him, which is good to hear.

Really interesting season for him coming up. What position will he play? Is he an automatic starter? Can he force his way in if not? I was really impressed with his improvement and commitment last season after a tricky start. Gary Neville questioned his attitude - not a bit of it.

It'll be interesting to see what role he plays. I'm not sure we was brought in to play up front but for a necessity with wilsons injury and Glenn Murray not fitting our changed formation.

USCherry - 12/8/2016 01:13

It'll be interesting to see what role he plays. I'm not sure we was brought in to play up front but for a necessity with wilsons injury and Glenn Murray not fitting our changed formation.

He was clear when he signed that he was brought in to play up front and that was part of the attraction for him. Blackburn played him a lot on the wing but he prefers to be a striker.

Maybe he'll feel different being part of a front three since it's a different role to the wide player in a traditional 4-4-2.

He has (and probably continue to be) playing wide as part of the front 3 in pre season. There is no way he will displace Wilson as the main striker.

Having said that, the way our front 3 operate, they are all very fluid.

King wide in a front 3 with the likes of Ibe, Gradel, Fraser as other wide options and Wilson or Afobe as central options is always going to give them all room to move and find space. It's an exciting prospect.

Probably one of the best attackers at the club, epitomises our style of play and is one of the most exciting players we have. Exceptionally hard worker, loves the club (even kissed the badge when he scored last season), says EH is the best manager he's ever worked with, despite having played under Sir Alex Ferguson. His growth from the start of last season to now is staggering, would we have even stayed up last season without his goals and the way he filled the massive void left by Wilson?

At the end of every match he comes out and applauds the fans, but gets no real recognition from the crowd. The same can be said for players like Surman and Cook. The fact that Tokelo Rantie and Juan Iturbe got so much love for doing the square root of heck all, yet players like King and Surman get nothing, is a joke.

Can we not just create a song for King already?

DJ - 11/9/2016 21:54

The "on fire" chant was sang a few times before Will Grigg went viral with it.

and roundly slated by the Simon Cowel wannabes on here, shortly before becoming the fan chant of the tournament...

;