Joshua King

I think he genuinely had the talent in there. It was just the consistency. I think Eddie wanted to find a way to play both him and Callum as together one of them was likely to score. King also played well on the left, so was useful as an opton there too. Eddie probably made him feel special as he seems to have a unique ability to show many players that they are important to him. This may well have brought the best out of Kingy. His head got turned, though I think and he has never recovered from the United saga, which is a shame. If only he could have had more of a 'stuff you' attitude.

Yeah, Howe seems to have that ability in his locker.

Pitman prime example of someone perhaps needing a certain tlc, and then lesser so but still underperformed sfter moving from the Huddersfield playoff year squad who disappeared/failed after getting moves to championship.

I get impression many managers take players as they come or certainly don't have the enthusiasm, ability to tap into their psyche to bring out their max ability that's lurking under the surface.

King clearly had a very good level of talent/potential to last at united so long in younger years, but it was only howe that was able to extract it (for a period of time).

I suspect managers like ancelloti are so used to working with finished articles, amount of top players he's not overly motivated to get to learn what makes certain individuals tick. Yiu either fall into line and prove your worth, or quickly discarded/obsolete.

Perhaps howe has a lot more empathy and takes the time/understands what makes individuals tick, which is perhaps rare in the wider football world.

Yeah, Howe seems to have that ability in his locker.

Pitman prime example of someone perhaps needing a certain tlc, and then lesser so but still underperformed sfter moving from the Huddersfield playoff year squad who disappeared/failed after getting moves to championship.

I get impression many managers take players as they come or certainly don't have the enthusiasm, ability to tap into their psyche to bring out their max ability that's lurking under the surface.

King clearly had a very good level of talent/potential to last at united so long in younger years, but it was only howe that was able to extract it (for a period of time).

I suspect managers like ancelloti are so used to working with finished articles, amount of top players he's not overly motivated to get to learn what makes certain individuals tick. Yiu either fall into line and prove your worth, or quickly discarded/obsolete.

Perhaps howe has a lot more empathy and takes the time/understands what makes individuals tick, which is perhaps rare in the wider football world.
I don't think Carlo ever intended to use King despite what he originally said. Just wanted a cover option. From what I read at the time, King performed well in training according to Everton team mates. It seems Carlo just didn't fancy playing him.

I don't think Carlo ever intended to use King despite what he originally said. Just wanted a cover option. From what I read at the time, King performed well in training according to Everton team mates. It seems Carlo just didn't fancy playing him.

Ibe performed well in training as well…

Exactly. And he had little interst I'm trying to get the best out of king it seems.

Since leaving our club things just haven’t worked out for him.

His best years were at AFCB.

The grass isn’t always greener on the other side.

;