Joshua King

Surprised if either player will want to move to afcb just yet in their career but good to explore decent player swap options for king if we can’t get decent money.

I think king would be a good option for Everton as their squad is week or leeds likewise

I disagree with the DM saying his value would have dropped since the summer. His value is what people are prepared to pay, and those becoming more desperate towards the lower reaches of the premier league will pay what they need to in order to try and save themselves. We should hold firm and remind them of that.

King is a great player and he was told if he extended he would be able to leave. He was then told after a rejected offer came in from United that he would be able to leave over the summer. He had multiple hamstring issues so was out for stints but put in good shifts when he played last season. He was then not allowed to leave over the summer. He had his shirt number taken off him and was then put on the subs bench if he was lucky because he wasn't committed enough to play first the first 11. There are two sides to this story. He may have feigned a migraine and a back problem, which is poor if true but he also had Covid before the back complaints and there is reason to believe that the club may have been protecting him from injury too. Would we definitely have done better in his shoes? Are any of us 100% committed to staying with our employers long term if other options come up? Wish people would cut the fella a bit of slack. He may noy have conducted himself well all the time but he'said human and I think the club have not treated him brilliantly either. He's been a real grafter over the years and he's no Weeman. I think there's a wider issue here too. If players aren't allowed to leave early when they extend, players will be reluctant to extend at all through fear of being tied in for longer.... Are we then to condemn them for not extending? Two sides to this story and I don't think King deserves all the negative comments he has received. Everyone sings Ake's praises but how do we know how he would have responded if he hadn't been allowed to leave. I wish Kingy well. Not sure about his new hairstyle but he's been one of our most consistent and hardworking players over the years.

This is the only word I would argue with in your piece.

He is a good player and good enough to play at Premier League standard.

He is not a great player, for example like Ake, who was a prime reason for our long stay in the Premier League. His only mistake was to leave for a club who only play him infrequently. (as Manure would have done to King)

King is a great player and he was told if he extended he would be able to leave. He was then told after a rejected offer came in from United that he would be able to leave over the summer. He had multiple hamstring issues so was out for stints but put in good shifts when he played last season. He was then not allowed to leave over the summer. He had his shirt number taken off him and was then put on the subs bench if he was lucky because he wasn't committed enough to play first the first 11. There are two sides to this story. He may have feigned a migraine and a back problem, which is poor if true but he also had Covid before the back complaints and there is reason to believe that the club may have been protecting him from injury too. Would we definitely have done better in his shoes? Are any of us 100% committed to staying with our employers long term if other options come up? Wish people would cut the fella a bit of slack. He may noy have conducted himself well all the time but he'said human and I think the club have not treated him brilliantly either. He's been a real grafter over the years and he's no Weeman. I think there's a wider issue here too. If players aren't allowed to leave early when they extend, players will be reluctant to extend at all through fear of being tied in for longer.... Are we then to condemn them for not extending? Two sides to this story and I don't think King deserves all the negative comments he has received. Everyone sings Ake's praises but how do we know how he would have responded if he hadn't been allowed to leave. I wish Kingy well. Not sure about his new hairstyle but he's been one of our most consistent and hardworking players over the years.
Welcome to the forum Mrs King.

I've seen a twitter rumour suggesting a swap deal with ritchie & gayle.... assume its rubbish, but u never know!

We wouldn't match Ritchie's wage demands. That'said hat happened over the summer.

I think you’ve missed out the words “if an offer met our valuation.” Twice.

But we then lose value on him by rejecting those offers. Needs to be some compromises because offers will never meet valuations first time around. Are we really going to get 50 mill for David Brooks? No chance at the moment.

But we then lose value on him by rejecting those offers. Needs to be some compromises because offers will never meet valuations first time around. Are we really going to get 50 mill for David Brooks? No chance at the moment.
But the offers weren't all "at the moment", the ManU offer was deliberately lowballed at the end of the transfer window. Not exactly the actions of a club who really want a player.

As for the more recent ones, again, clubs are just sniffing around trying to find a bargain. Why should we accept less than (a) we feel a player is worth or (b) what we need to replace the player?

If we accepted derisory offers for our players there would soon be a meltdown on here

"Fire sale", anyone?

If we accepted derisory offers for our players there would soon be a meltdown on here

Not to mention what an apparent lack of ambition can do for the morale/commitment of the rest of the squad. (Admittedly there was so much rotten last season it’s difficult to imagine things could have gotten much worse).

“Offers will never meet valuations first time round”. Sometimes they do and in the event they don’t, that is where negotiation happens rather than just accepting any offer that is on the table. I think the club have handled the whole Josh King saga very well personally.

Man Utd put in a low offer with a 15 minute accept it or the deal is off ultimatum. Right near the end of the window where we wouldn't be able to guarantee having time to replace him. When in the middle of a relegation battle.

Giving the club any grief at all for turning down that absolute nonsense is, well, nonsense.

Allowing a club to walk all over us in that way isn't give or take. It's capitulation and would mean other clubs would treat us like that in the future.

The club was 100% correct to turn down the Man Utd offer. The club was also 100% correct to turn down the bs offer from West Ham when they pulled their usual West Ham trick.

If someone didn't want to pay 15 million for him in the last window maybe he should look to his performances last season rather than bleating about the worst months of his life and then getting a series of suspicious injuries.

If he'd performed last season the way he had in prior ones he'd have had his pick of clubs.

;