Joshua King

I think possibly your dislike of Soton (if you do dislike them) may be clouding how you see things there. Ward Prowse is a fine player who should have been in the Euros in my opinion. One of the best free kick and corner takers there is. He has a great pass on him. So much more to him than penalties. Hope he plays for us one day.
Got a nasty streak though, perhaps not a bad thing? Saw him provoke Zaha to an extent he got him sent off then clapped and winked at the crowd.

Last edited:
Got a nasty streak though, perhaps not a bad thing? Saw him provoke Zaha to an extent he got him sent off then clapped and winked at the crowd.

Zaha is also a very good player who also has a nasty streak on the pitch. I remember the incident you mention but not the clapping and winking at the crowd. Uncalled for, probably as you say but maybe JWP was provoked into doing that. Who knows..

Almost like someone else we had at the club at the same time.
Yes, quite similar. Always seemed to be more interested in the trappings of his highly paid job, than trying to perform that job to the best of his ability and the expectations of his employers. I think the two of them were always very matey too, which probably didn’t do either of them any favours.

I think he has a bit more about him than the other one though and wouldn’t rule out the possibility of him still maximising his potential if he gets his head down and focuses on his profession rather than his pay packet for a while.

I think Wilson's contract change maybe caused a sense of entitlement with a few, including Fraser and King. Even Wilshere, though who I think has done his best but been impacted by other issues would have a Championship club now if it weren't for his wage demands I think. May be talking out of my a*** here but I'm assuming he would have a club if it weren't for his wage expectations.

I’m sorry but his best position most definitely was not as a central striker. He is nowhere near enough of a consistent goal threat to play in that position. His best assets were his pace and dribbling, he was by far most effective out on the wing. Even during his purple patch his conversion rate was so astronomically high that it could never be maintained. Good centre forwards have a knack of getting into goal scoring positions, he just wasn’t a natural number nine in the same way that Callum was.
How do we know that was just a 'purple patch' though?......it was the only prolonged period he played upfront for us.

King has muscled out quite a bit over last 12 months. Looks much bigger and stronger. This might help him be more of a natural 9.

I think one of Josh's biggest problems is keeping a lid on his thoughts and not being so eager to share them with Joe public. The football world can be a small world at times. He uses the media to have digs at his ex clubs very well but sometimes it will come back and bite him.

I think one of Josh's biggest problems is keeping a lid on his thoughts and not being so eager to share them with Joe public. The football world can be a small world at times. He uses the media to have digs at his ex clubs very well but sometimes it will come back and bite him.
It does sound like a torrid time at Everton, apparently being promised things rather than having to earn them and a manager of Anchelotti’s pedigree choosing to play no striker at all over selecting King.

One might ask if it was the worst few months of his life…

Ge was very complimentary about Eddie Howe when he first signed for Watford. I think Everton made a mistake but as you say, may be wiser to say a little less at times.

Is it the worst week of his life?
Still it’s not all bad for him, I imagine he’ll pick up a number of ‘niggling injuries’ from now until the end of the season, meaning that he is reinvigorated to try to force through a move in the summer.

When you lose 3-0 at home to a Norwich team that have only scored 3 goals away all season then you know you have problems. Shows how bad Newcastle are that they let in a late equaliser a week ago.

I would be happy with the current bottom 3 to go down.

;