Joshua King

SSN

Aston Villa have agreed deal with Lyon to sign forward Bertrand Traoré for £17m.

Traoré to have medical in next 48 hours.

He knows John Terry from his time at Chelsea and he is looking forward to working with Dean Smith and Terry.

You have no idea if that’s true.

Correct, but can you give me a reasonable explanation that he's not part of the squad? Right now? Sorry but if the club are desperate to sell him they would have let it be know through agents. Truth is he has 10 months left on his contract meaning he should be sold or be playing IMO.

Correct, but can you give me a reasonable explanation that he's not part of the squad? Right now?

The club know they want to sell him before the window closes because he only has 10 months left on his contract and so may not want to risk him picking up an injury in training or at a match in that time. It would be pretty stupid to kiss £15-20 million goodbye if Arter put the the reducer on him in training, a la Kelly.

Are you 100% it's coming from him and not the club? The club know they want to sell him before the window closes because he only has 10 months left on his contract and so may not want to risk him picking up an injury in training or at a match in that time. It would be pretty stupid to kiss £15-20 million goodbye if Arter put the the reducer on him in training, a la Kelly.

We know he wants to move. We don't know who has decided to keep him from being involved.

And if he's not sold before the deadline what then? Players need to start honouring their contracts to the end like most human beings.

If it's the club that is asking him to stay away then fair enough, you can ignore my comments!!!

Just the whole situation seems absolutely crazy to me.

Maybe there's a new clause in contracts saying if the club are relegated and you are within a year or less or your contract expiring then your contract is worthless to the club, you won't play but you'll be free to earn another £10M somewhere else if they come in for you. I guess if we leave it until October 7th we might be all very happy at stealing £8m from Spurs for him.

I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that Josh and the club reached this decision mutually. They will be in constant contact. If he’s not here, it is because the club doesn’t expect him to be here. That may change, at which point I’m sure he’ll join the squad but for now both parties seem to think it best if he just sits tight. Plenty of reasons why they might feel that way.

;