Junior Cherries Christmas Party

London Cherry

First Team
I signed my son up as a Junior Cherry this year and proudly took him to his first match at Leicester. As we have to travel down from London I was wondering if anyone knew a date for this year’s Junior Cherries Christmas Party? I see last year it might have been held at a weekend?! I’m guessing COWS will announce it first but if anyone has any prior knowledge give me a shout! What have past parties been like?! :utc:

I signed my son up as a Junior Cherry this year and proudly took him to his first match at Leicester. As we have to travel down from London I was wondering if anyone knew a date for this year’s Junior Cherries Christmas Party? I see last year it might have been held at a weekend?! I’m guessing COWS will announce it first but if anyone has any prior knowledge give me a shout! What have past parties been like?! :utc:

Well....around 12 years ago about 5 turned up to a small room with Botto Mike on the decks and Russell Bearsdmore was about the only player to turn up and he hadnt played for a decade :)

Then about 10 years ago it was awesome with players, sum wrestling and the huge restaurant was used.

Then about 5 years ago you had to get lucky to have your kids name pulled out of a hat and we never went to any more lol

So thats how past parties were ;)

Well....around 12 years ago about 5 turned up to a small room with Botto Mike on the decks and Russell Bearsdmore was about the only player to turn up and he hadnt played for a decade :)

Then about 10 years ago it was awesome with players, sum wrestling and the huge restaurant was used.

Then about 5 years ago you had to get lucky to have your kids name pulled out of a hat and we never went to any more lol

Indeed, the days of the sponsorship money from this site being needed to buy some ready salted crisps and paper plates are long departed.

I've got some great photos of my 2 when they were tiny with Eddie and Darren Anderton and some bizarre ones of David James dressed in a Christmas tree made of balloons. Haven't been since so couldn't comment on the new 'improved' version.

There is a ballot for it these days isnt there ?

Yes it’s a ballot and if you win you have to pay £5 (?) to attend which is returned to you in the form of a club shop voucher and a meal for the kids (stops people getting “free” tickets they won’t use).

It’s a good way of getting your kids to meet the players, get their shirt or something signed... taken my kids a couple of times and they’ve enjoyed the circus of it. I’ve not enjoyed it so much!!

How old were you for your last JC party? ;-)

We were lucky (I think!) to win a place this year at the Junior Cherries Christmas Party. They ask for us parents to stay in the seating at the BIC but as Junior London Cherry is only 5 he might find it a bit daunting on his own. As anyone else accompanied their little one along before and sat with them?!

We were lucky (I think!) to win a place this year at the Junior Cherries Christmas Party. They ask for us parents to stay in the seating at the BIC but as Junior London Cherry is only 5 he might find it a bit daunting on his own. As anyone else accompanied their little one along before and sat with them?!

You’ll be fine. it’s a small enough place and the kids can all sit in front of the stage while you hang back. You won’t be miles away.

Assuming it’s the same as the last couple of years there will probably be a signing session done by age group and you won’t be able to accompany him but he’ll be well looked after and only gone from you for a few minutes while he meets the players. He won’t have to do that if he’s not comfortable with it.

;