Just got back.....

......to Manchester

Left home at 10 am, nice and early so we don't get caught up in the traffic, normally heavy between Leeds and Bradford, on the M62.
No traffic, sailed through.
Should we go to Headingley instead?
No traffic on the M62 so got Hull BEFORE 12.15 pm.
Interestingly the one coach from Bournemouth had they same problem.
We could all have had another hour in bed
Before I forget we still need a goal scoring centre forward.
So we are sat outside the ground at 12.30 pm waiting for the gates to open
Someone said that it always rains in Hull.
Not today it didn't, it was bloody hot
Will need the Aftersun tonight!
Get in the ground at 1.30 pm
Had a chat with Mr and Mrs table, who are probably battling their way back to Sunny Bournemouth as I write. Rob Trent was marked absent!! (Hope the surgery went well, Rob.) - not that I am one to tell tales out of school but Mr Table suggested that you were having a personality bypass, is that right? Could they find any? He insulted me too as he called me Comrade Audenshaw!! (Actually I quite like that nomenclature)
The pie was Steak and Ale this week, probably the best of the season so far.
Another experience to note, I had a bottle of Coke, WITH THE LID STILL ON. Much better.
No Travers or Billing, both ill apparently. :eek!:
Good to see Stacey back though and of course our Jeff. Nyland in goal. Looks a strong team.
But it wasn't great!
Not much goalmouth activity and a lot of passing between best buddies Kelly and Mepham
HT 0 - 0, not very exciting, perhaps we should have gone to Headingley
Fortunately the sun had gone over the back of the stand by now so I am only a little crispy.
Second half very frustrating, should have had a couple of goals, but we didn't
Did I say that we need a goal scoring centre forward?
They were even worse. We had three shots on target and Hull had none.
Even then our back four creaked a few times at the end.
We definitely should have gone to Headingley!!!
Most around thought it was a poor game and I would agree with them.
FT 0-0 (It really was that exciting.)
My MOM was, again, Zenura. What a find he has been - perhaps needs a little more calmness when he gets into high attacking positions.
And so for the battle back home through all that Bank Holiday traffic - but it wasn't there so we were home before 7.00 pm
Note to Scott Parker- please come to clap the crowd with the players after the game, and not go straight down the tunnel, even if you haven't won. They deserve it because they made all that effort to come 'oop Narth'

:utc:

Last edited:
......to Manchester

Left home at 10 am, nice and early so we don't get caught up in the traffic, normally heavy between Leeds and Bradford, on the M62.
No traffic, sailed through.
Should we go to Headingley instead?
No traffic on the M62 so got Hull BEFORE 12.15 pm.
Interestingly the one coach from Bournemouth had they same problem.
We could all have had another hour in bed
Before I forget we still need a goal scoring centre forward.
So we are sat outside the ground at 12.30 pm waiting for the gates to open
Someone said that it always rains in Hull.
Not today it didn't, it was bloody hot
Will need the Aftersun tonight!
Get in the ground at 1.30 pm
Had a chat with Mr and Mrs table, who are probably battling their way back to Sunny Bournemouth as I write. Rob Trent was marked absent!! (Hope the surgery went well, Rob.) - not that I am one to tell tales out of school but Mr Table suggested that you were having a personality bypass, is that right? Could they find any? He insulted me too as he called me Comrade Audenshaw!! (Actually I quite like that nomenclature)
The pie was Steak and Ale this week, probably the best of the season so far.
Another experience to note, I had a bottle of Coke, WITH THE LID STILL ON. Much better.
No Travers or Billing, both ill apparently. :eek!:
Good to see Stacey back though and of course our Jeff. Nyland in goal. Looks a strong team.
But it wasn't great!
Not much goalmouth activity and a lot of passing between best buddies Kelly and Mepham
HT 0 - 0, not very exciting, perhaps we should have gone to Headingley
Fortunately the sun had gone over the back of the stand by now so I am only a little crispy.
Second half very frustrating, should have had a couple of goals, but we didn't
They were even worse. We had three shots on target and Hull had none.
Even then our back four creaked a few times at the end.
We definitely should have gone to Headingley!!!
Most around thought it was a poor game and I would agree with them.
FT 0-0 (It really was that exciting.)
My MOM was, again, Zenura. What a find he has been - perhaps needs a little more calmness when he gets into high attacking positions.
And so for the battle back home through all that Bank Holiday traffic - but it wasn't there so we were home before 7.00 pm
Note to Scott Parker- please come to clap the crowd with the players after the game, and not go straight down the tunnel, even if you haven't won. They deserve it because they made all that effort to come 'oop Narth'

:utc:

drink with a cap on - common sense at last!

Yes ,poor show from the manager. He also struggles to acknowledge the fans when they sing ' give us a wave'. He's slipping down the 'likeable' scale quite quickly with his dull football and demeanor. Look at Fulham without him. I'm starting to think ' wtf have we done'

;