Just Leaving

4FCB

Fans' Favourite
Jeepers, it’s a tad chilly this morning .... good job I decided to bring my fleece.
Ok, do I need the sat-nav? Of course I don’t - I’ve been to Carrow Road so many times the route is imprinted on my brain. Hang on though, it’ll count down the miles to destination so yeah, I’ll put it on. A quick scan down the list of previous entries ... there it is, NR1 3 JE.

The tank is full, did that yesterday, heater on, screen de-mist on, and yep, all set. Radio on, tuned to BOOM which I’m so pleased I found. The station for all of us old gits who listened to Radio One and Capital back in the 70’s. I’ll put 5 Live or Talk Sport on later. Gone are the days of listening to Luxembourg in the evenings ... good memories though.

“Why are you leaving so early if the kickoff isn’t till 8pm?” Mrs 4ers asked ...... well because it ....... because there might ....... because this is an away-day, a Bournemouth away-day ....... and after all of these years of doing this week in, week out, I still get excited about going ...... even though I qualify for a bus pass soon.

A nice slow, easy journey, time to drop in to see my old school mate in Enfield ...... I’ll call him when I’m on the 25. Traffic is light today, no heavy trucks, well one or two supermarket monsters. The sun is clear and bright, on with the dark glasses ..... quick check in the mirror to ensure I look like Tom Cruise in Top Gun ...... ok, ok, perhaps Tom Cruise’s decrepit old grandad. A quick smile to myself wondering why I still use that line after all these years.

Here’s Ringwood, sat-nav is showing 216 miles to destination, A31 ahead, keep the speed down as I bet those b’s are sat in the lay-by with the speed camera on ..... they’re only doing their job I suppose .........

You know, I could go on and on here but the reality is that we’re still not allowed to go to any games and on a day like today, that’s just wrong. Our team needs us, our club needs us, but more to the point for each of us who love this club, we would, to coin some little Scottish twats phrase, “run through a brick wall” for AFCB.

Fingers crossed chaps and ladies of course, three lovely points will be collected tonight.

All together now ...... Red Army!!!!!

You can go to the away pub across the river from the home pub and, like last year, sing "we're going up with the Norwich". Almost

Jeepers, it’s a tad chilly this morning .... good job I decided to bring my fleece.
Ok, do I need the sat-nav? Of course I don’t - I’ve been to Carrow Road so many times the route is imprinted on my brain. Hang on though, it’ll count down the miles to destination so yeah, I’ll put it on. A quick scan down the list of previous entries ... there it is, NR1 3 JE.

The tank is full, did that yesterday, heater on, screen de-mist on, and yep, all set. Radio on, tuned to BOOM which I’m so pleased I found. The station for all of us old gits who listened to Radio One and Capital back in the 70’s. I’ll put 5 Live or Talk Sport on later. Gone are the days of listening to Luxembourg in the evenings ... good memories though.

“Why are you leaving so early if the kickoff isn’t till 8pm?” Mrs 4ers asked ...... well because it ....... because there might ....... because this is an away-day, a Bournemouth away-day ....... and after all of these years of doing this week in, week out, I still get excited about going ...... even though I qualify for a bus pass soon.

A nice slow, easy journey, time to drop in to see my old school mate in Enfield ...... I’ll call him when I’m on the 25. Traffic is light today, no heavy trucks, well one or two supermarket monsters. The sun is clear and bright, on with the dark glasses ..... quick check in the mirror to ensure I look like Tom Cruise in Top Gun ...... ok, ok, perhaps Tom Cruise’s decrepit old grandad. A quick smile to myself wondering why I still use that line after all these years.

Here’s Ringwood, sat-nav is showing 216 miles to destination, A31 ahead, keep the speed down as I bet those b’s are sat in the lay-by with the speed camera on ..... they’re only doing their job I suppose .........

You know, I could go on and on here but the reality is that we’re still not allowed to go to any games and on a day like today, that’s just wrong. Our team needs us, our club needs us, but more to the point for each of us who love this club, we would, to coin some little Scottish twats phrase, “run through a brick wall” for AFCB.

Fingers crossed chaps and ladies of course, three lovely points will be collected tonight.

All together now ...... Red Army!!!!!
Or you could just ask SDD about his train journey last season...;)

One of the worst clubs for visiting supporters in wheelchairs but we would love to be going today. After all, it's the Cherries we go to watch not the opposition. There must be away fans allowed next season, surely : )

One of the worst clubs for visiting supporters in wheelchairs but we would love to be going today. After all, it's the Cherries we go to watch not the opposition. There must be away fans allowed next season, surely : )

I’ve told you before, don’t call me Shirley in public ;)

;