Kieran Tierney

Sounds promising. Daniels hasn't looked a 38 game a season player this year and Brad Smith remains an enigma. Could be a big boost if he has a similar impact as some of those players yesterday's lot have signed from Celtic.

We're dreaming if we can attract players like him. We have to presume that they don't watch Premier League football and at the minute, who will want to join what is a sinking ship heading into next season..

many Celtic fans dissing him coming to a small club like us!...do they really think that Scottish PL football is that good?

Shades of Aberdeen and Fraser here. The premier league is bigger than Celtic, unfortunately for them. Are they not used to Southampton signing their best players every year yet?

They have big fish, small pond syndrome. It grinds their gears massively that they lose players to clubs they perceive as smaller than them like Southampton (Supporter numbers-wise, they aren't wrong. Revenue-wise, they are), never mind us.

They go on and on and on about how players can stay with them and play in the CL every season whilst being blind to the fact that's half the problem. There is close to no competition to them in their league and so they need a massive fcuk up not to win it and qualify. As a result they don't need to/can't sign the best players around and so if players want to further their career they need to get out of Scottish football, even if that means a stepping stone club.

They wax lyrical about how it's only the tv money that allows the clubs they look down upon to sign their players but if anyone was to try and improve the spectacle of Scottish football as a whole with some kind of early 80s revenue sharing across the clubs (no idea, just the first thought that jumped into my head) to make it a much more interesting spectacle they'd lose their ****************.

They also often seem to think they are universally admired for their amazing support when most people look on at the Rangers/Celtic thing with disdain.

For what it's worth I don't think we'll get Tierney. A season like the last one and, much like Ake, we might have been seen as an attractive step for a season or two (if he's as good as they think) or longer term if he isn't but at the moment we're a little in no-mans land. An astute player will see us next season as a club that could go either way and we may find the market tougher this window.

...thing is IF he goes to Man U or Tottenham he will spend much time as a benchwarmer or cup player...and he probably would have moved for the money alone...I am not sure I would want a player like that anyway?

If you look at Fraser, Ake, and Lewis Cook they have had Howe's steady influence and have developed well...I have also seen a report that Ben Gibson or Middlesborough maybe on our radar, their fans are also dissing us as small fry...but you have to ask why no big club has taken a punt on him? probably because he isn't ready for them yet? and he would benefit from a spell in our team too....

While I doubt the source of this Tierney rumour, I don't think it's such a ridiculous proposition as their fans are making out. If they whack a huge sell on clause too it starts to make sense for both club and player.

For all Aberdeen's laughter at the initial suggestion of Fraser moving, and subsequent anger when it actually happened - it's been the absolute making of wee man.

We've seen how exposure to the Championship and Premier League has developed him from the quick lightweight but quickly tired winger he was. Now into a robust, tough to knock of the ball, versatile wide man who never stops running all game, scores goals, wins tackles and headers, none of which he did in his early years. And all now at Premier League level, compared to League One when he arrived. Now a proven PL regular and senior Scotland international.

Obviously Tierney is a different kettle of fish, he's already a Scottish international with Champions League experience and SPL titles at the biggest SPL club. But we're a different kettle of fish as well. We're in the top 30 wealthiest clubs in Europe, and could pay better wages from Celtic. We can offer worldwide exposure for him, and test him up against some of the best attacking players the world can offer several times a season. And if Liverpool came knocking down the line, we would sell if the price was right. What more can Tierney achieve at Celtic?

No top 6 PL club is going to be buying players straight from Celtic to go into a PL first team, it's too large a gulf and too great a risk for them. Of the remaining 14, we're a small club yes, but the question would be what matters more: Ground size, or starting 11 chances?

What makes me laugh about Scottish clubs and their whinging is that they are happy to moan about all the money in the English game making it unfair that 'clubs like Bournemouth' can dare compete against Rangers, Celtic, Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen yet they don't seem to recognise that the reason 'clubs like Bournemouth' are tinpot is because they are in the English system.

There are ten teams in England to every one in Scotland so we are all scrapping over the limited places at the top table - this is what makes it interesting and why there's loads of money. Nobody is forced to watch it - the money is there because everybody wants to watch it.

The Bournemouth area has as many people as Edinburgh so if we in Scotland we'd be a guaranteed top five club. Likewise if Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts were in England they would most likely be the same as AFCB, Bristol City, Hull, etc. Chances are Rangers and Celtic would be no bigger than Newcastle, Villa or Leeds. Would they have their massive support if they'd spent all of their history scrapping around the English system rather winning 50 titles each? I know they like to cash in on sectarianism but that would only get them so far.

They can whinge all they like but the English game is better - even if it has occasionally been to the detriment of 'clubs like Bournemouth'.

;