Kyle Edwards

DevizesRed

Star Player
Has signed for Ipswich.

Either Scott Parker didn't fancy him, or, we're offering rock bottom wages if he was offered terms and is better off at Ipswich.

I'me beginning to get the idea this is why, other than Marconde, we haven't finalised any permanent deals yet.

I didn't go to the Chelsea game, can anyone offer an opinion? It didn't sound like Edwards stood out from what I read/heard?

Bear in mind he had a trial at Reading before coming here, and they didn't jump at signing him either. How much of that was financial and how much was ability I don't know.

It's possible that Anthony and Stanislas reassures Parker that we maybe aren't as light in that area as we might have thought, but I wouldn't say no to the right signing out there.

It's possible that Anthony and Stanislas reassures Parker that we maybe aren't as light in that area as we might have thought, but I wouldn't say no to the right signing out there.
I'd say this is likely to be nearer the truth. He didn't impress, Stan signed the new deal, the youngsters have shown that they can be relied upon.
Therefore no need to commit to another contract on the books if Parker feels that what we have is already better. Money saved.

Has signed for Ipswich.

Either Scott Parker didn't fancy him, or, we're offering rock bottom wages if he was offered terms and is better off at Ipswich.

I'me beginning to get the idea this is why, other than Marconde, we haven't finalised any permanent deals yet.
If he was thats good another championship team would have taken him.

I'll guess well have to see how many he scores on debut.

At the end of the day, he'd need to be better than what we already have... Whilst light in number, our wide players are pretty good. Stan, Brooks and Anthony could def be sufficient for the time being, and you could also play Smith further upfield if need be...

Not reading anything into this other than he's signed for a team in a lower league than us, which in itself says a lot...

...think Scott will improve the youngsters who have been given the chance to progress...we do need he GK coach to work his magic a bit with Travers, but Kilkenny, Zemura and Anthony all had decent league debuts last Friday. Our second goal was sublime with Anthony and Zemura linking up (it reminded me of Pugh & Daniela back in the day) to assist Billings finish.

It is a huge step up from Academy football to The Championship...I do feel IF we can get Lewis Cook and Ben Pearson (and keep Billing & Brooks) back then Lerma could be moved on somewhere to help the transfer kitty available to Scott?

I thought he looked pretty good in his friendly appearance but if he's gone to League 1, I'm assuming he wasn't quite up to it.

If Danjuma doesn't actually end up leaving, which is obviously fairly unlikely, then we'll be good for wingers. Interesting thing to note (maybe) is that Danjuma has been moved from a midfielder in the team section of the club site to a forward. If he were 100% definitely leaving, why bother? Maybe he's being converted into a striker after all!

Has signed for Ipswich.

Ipswich have very little money so I imagine it's the former.

I didn't go to the Chelsea game, can anyone offer an opinion? It didn't sound like Edwards stood out from what I read/heard?

Bear in mind he had a trial at Reading before coming here, and they didn't jump at signing him either. How much of that was financial and how much was ability I don't know.

Anthony and Stan enough... oh dear. Anthony is a great prospect and will hopefully make the position his own very soon. Stan is great but is consistently injured 40-60% of the season. What is our back up? Davis or Zemura as wing back? Maybe Zemura can play left wing too??

Then on the other side, we have a similar problem. Brooksy= fine but who is the back up? Kyle Taylor? Stan if not injured... Smithy or Stacey as wing back. Can Stacey or Smithy fill the role of a right winger? I'm just trying to be creative because it doesn't feel like we have enough ingredients in the cupboard to bake a proper cake. Can anyone else shed any light on who could fill these positions? I just don't think we can rely on Stan as the main back up on either side.

Surely SP has a plan, though, right?

Got to agree with you re Stanislas, have no argument against his undoubted talent, but how much have we paid him to probably just sit in the stands?

He looked ok. Decent work rate but didn’t do a lot on the ball, never saw him take on his man so hard to judge.

Ipswich have very little money so I imagine it's the former.
Ipswich have signed 13 players I think this season ( 2 of them on loan) and have lost around 15 so a squad rebuild is on the cards.
I did listen to a interview saying they were really pushing for promotion this season and are funding the squad rebuild

Not signing a player that was on trial, who then signed for a different club has to mean that we're skint and heading for financial disaster imminently.

The are no other possible explanations that I will entertain.

Probably...

I think that is a common denominator throughout football all around the world at the moment ........... apart from City.

;