Kyle Taylor

Don’t think Taylor will cut it at this level, admittedly haven’t seen a lot of him. He was training with the first team after lockdown but never made the bench. More excited about Oforborh and Kilkenny

On the few occasions I have seen Taylor play he has looked quality. A creative midfielder who can carry the ball and an eye for a pass, didn’t get a look in under Eddie but we all know that he preferred wingers rather than creative number 10s. Very interested to see what he can do.

He is a different type of player to Ofoborh and kilkenny, I would say that he is like a james maddison type player, whereas ofoborh is in the mold of yaya toure and kilkenny is a lot like david silva with a venemous shot. I watched these 3 in a midfield against west brom u23's about 18 months ago. They completely bossed the midfield. I went to watch Taylor as i heard good things about him but i was more impressed with the other two, nevertheless, he looked a good player but i think a loan to a league 1 team should probably be the next step.

On the few occasions I have seen Taylor play he has looked quality. A creative midfielder who can carry the ball and an eye for a pass, didn’t get a look in under Eddie but we all know that he preferred wingers rather than creative number 10s. Very interested to see what he can do.

agree although I thought the same re Sam Matthews and he disappeared very quickly

I don't think he's good enough, neither is Butcher.

I'd give Oforboh and Kilkenny the chance in the squad this season but I do think our fans over-rate all current our youngsters and if you think they're going to set the Championship alight then you're naive. They're all over 20 now so not exactly fledglings.
Simpson is lucky we got relegated because he wasn't good enough for PL and not even sure about Championship tbh but he'll be cheap cover for Mepham, Cook and Kelly.

Simpson desperately needs a loan to get some experience, hasn't progressed at all in the last couple of seasons
I like Simpson .....it's hard to say whether he's progressed or not because he has barely played tbf to him and even when he has it was usually against Man City or Liverpool....he could be the surprise of this season .

I like Simpson .....it's hard to say whether he's progressed or not because he has barely played tbf to him and even when he has it was usually against Man City or Liverpool....he could be the surprise of this season .
I actually thought that he looked good against Liverpool bar the two glaring errors. I know that sounds stupid to say but he hadn’t played in ages and was thrown in at the deep end, genuinely think there’s potential and he gets a lot of unfair stick.

Centre Back is probably the one position where how your club is doing this season influences the requirements of the role the most.

At the top of the league, you get time on the ball and the onus is on you to initiate attacks. As you generally higher up the pitch, you need pace to cover. Jack’s appearances have come in mostly the complete opposite situations.

I think it would be good to see him have a few games where we are dominating possession to see if he can actually play or not.

Sam Matthews got clobbered a few times and suffered injuries as a result. Notice he's signed for Crawley Town

That’s the trouble with young players. Good move for him - no doubt the Ex afcb management team of John Yems and Lee Bradbury have seen him play a bit

Centre Back is probably the one position where how your club is doing this season influences the requirements of the role the most.

At the top of the league, you get time on the ball and the onus is on you to initiate attacks. As you generally higher up the pitch, you need pace to cover. Jack’s appearances have come in mostly the complete opposite situations.

I think it would be good to see him have a few games where we are dominating possession to see if he can actually play or not.
Yeah thats why i said he could be a surprise.....anytime we've seen him it's been in a backs to the wall situation.....as you say it'll interesting to see him against inferior opposition.....i mean look how good Mings looked when he dropped into the Championship.

Yeah thats why i said he could be a surprise.....anytime we've seen him it's been in a backs to the wall situation.....as you say it'll interesting to see him against inferior opposition.....i mean look how good Mings looked when he dropped into the Championship.

Lol, mings was consistently one of the top championship defenders before we signed him.

The key issue with Simpson is that he is so massively one footed.

I am probably being a bit dim, but surely that is one weakness that coaching should improve. Of course you can’t coach someone to be genuinely two footed but surely you can teach someone to play a basic pass, deliver a simple cross or to hoof it into row Z with their weaker foot?

Not having a go at JS about this, just genuinely puzzled.

In Fraser’s final* season with us it was noticeable how good his left foot become. Lots of the goals he set up were from left footed crosses in open play. It’s obviously something that can be developed.

*Final season when he could be bothered!

Lol, mings was consistently one of the top championship defenders before we signed him.
I'm talking about Mings specifically as a centre back in comparison with Simpson.....not sure what Mings playing LB for Ipswich has got to do with this conversation tbh.....lol

;