Kyle Taylor

Well what am I supposed to say to that? You’ve admitted to not paying attention to all of my posts, yet you’re making a judgement based on a few that suit you and the perception you wish to have of me. It’s funny that someone with this mindset can look down on another person.
Having read most of your posts I think SDD has a point in that you struggle with being part of a forum. Putting your tendency towards negativity and whingeing aside, you are very quick to jump down the throats of those who have a contrary opinion to the point where are you become condescending and, ironically since you criticise others for this, occasionally insulting. You need to lighten up, it’s only a football forum for goodness sake.

What, that he’s not Prem standard? You’re right it really is a belter isn’t it, what with all of the prem sides that were queuing up to sign him today. Made me look a bit silly that. Mind you, I’m sure the reason is that we’re desperate to keep him, hence why he wasn’t in the match day squad on Sat due to tactical reasons.

Surely you can’t apply that just because premier league sides weren’t queuing up to get him, you can apply that to the rest of the squad.

You’ve had a conspiracy in your head since the day he tweeted that he was training in England and didn’t go on the pre season to Marbella.

Unsurprisingly like many people told you at the time. He’s still here.

Surely you can’t apply that just because premier league sides weren’t queuing up to get him, you can apply that to the rest of the squad.

You’ve had a conspiracy in your head since the day he tweeted that he was training in England and didn’t go on the pre season to Marbella.

Yes but Cook does not appear to be in Parker’s plans, I’d imagine we’d jump at the chance right now to move him off the wage bill, but still not a sniff of interest.

And I’m not actually sure how many of the rest of our squad are premiere league standard anyway tbh lol a few who could do a job, I’m thinking the likes of Billing Lerma and L Cook, they could all play for bottom 5 type teams I reckon. The rest, not so sure.

Yes but Cook does not appear to be in Parker’s plans, I’d imagine we’d jump at the chance right now to move him off the wage bill, but still not a sniff of interest.

His wages are too high, its as simple as that. Both the club wanting him off the books and the 'lack of interest' is because he's on over £40k a week, which is too high for a player of his age post pandemic. This isn't evidence of a poor player at all.

His wages are too high, its as simple as that. Both the club wanting him off the books and the 'lack of interest' is because he's on over £40k a week, which is too high for a player of his age post pandemic. This isn't evidence of a poor player at all.
How do you know what he’s on? Out of interest. I don’t think your logic makes sense even if he is on that anyway. Are you implying that he didn’t make the Hull squad due to not wanting to risk an injury to scupper a potential transfer? If so, it was pretty silly to play him for 90 minutes against Norwich. Also, in the context of the Prem is 40k per week actually that much? With a year left on his deal the likelihood is that he’d accept a lower salary on a longer contract just as Begovic did. I think the reality is that there is no interest simply because as a player, he doesn’t interest teams at the top level.

And btw I didn’t ever say he was poor, just that he’s not good enough for the top level.

How do you know what he’s on? Out of interest. I don’t think your logic makes sense even if he is on that anyway. Are you implying that he didn’t make the Hull squad due to not wanting to risk an injury to scupper a potential transfer? If so, it was pretty silly to play him for 90 minutes against Norwich. Also, in the context of the Prem is 40k per week actually that much? With a year left on his deal the likelihood is that he’d accept a lower salary on a longer contract just as Begovic did. I think the reality is that there is no interest simply because as a player, he doesn’t interest teams at the top level.

There loads of sites that have fairly accurate wages for players on there. Begovic was on over £70k and both player and club agreed on a mutually beneficial departure. I expect his signing on fee covered any wage discrepancy.

I've no idea why Cook didn't make the Hull squad but I suspect he wasn't dropped because Parker doesn't rate him. Time will tell. He likely would be third or forth choice if he went to the PL so yes £45k is a lot. Why would he accept a lower salary and a club he didn't want to move to when he could wait and go with a big signing on fee in 12 months?

;