Kyle Taylor

You really can’t judge any player based on a performance in an Eddie Howe cup team.

I might be wrong but I think in the longterm I'll be right, he's not got the physique, for instance Joe Partington never made it past L1 despite his physique and passing, even chipped in with a memorable goal at Swansea.

I might be wrong but I think in the longterm I'll be right, he's not got the physique, for instance Joe Partington never made it past L1 despite his physique and passing, even chipped in with a memorable goal at Swansea.
That’s fair enough, I like what I’ve seen of him tbh. He is very technically gifted, I don’t think his small stature will be an issue, it’s not essential in a modern day player. But it’s all about opinions. (Never thought Partington was even league 1 standard!)

Against Brighton it wasn’t so much his physique that was the issue he was just too slow with his passing. It was too obvious where his passes were going even if they were accurate. PL players will intercept them all day long.

In L2 where he has more time on the ball he could very well stand out

Against Brighton it wasn’t so much his physique that was the issue he was just too slow with his passing. It was too obvious where his passes were going even if they were accurate. PL players will intercept them all day long.

In L2 where he has more time on the ball he could very well stand out
He was only 19 at the time with zero professional experience under his belt.

He was only 19 at the time with zero professional experience under his belt.
I’m not writing him off by any means but it was a very noticeable trait to his game compared to say Kilkenny (admittedly from friendly matches).

The experience at Southend will hopefully allow him to get a better feel for the pace of the game. As it stands he’s probably our 8th choice midfielder

I have a sixth sense when it comes to youth players who will make it. When Brett stepped up and arrogantly dispatched his penalty debut goal against Aldershot I knew he would make it. When Sam Vokes almost kept us up in 08 I knew he would make it and when 5'8 Danny Ings leapt like a salmon to head home in the playoff semi I knew he would make it.

I have a sixth sense when it comes to youth players who will make it. When Brett stepped up and arrogantly dispatched his penalty debut goal against Aldershot I knew he would make it. When Sam Vokes almost kept us up in 08 I knew he would make it and when 5'8 Danny Ings leapt like a salmon to head home in the playoff semi I knew he would make it.

How about reptiles?

I’m not writing him off by any means but it was a very noticeable trait to his game compared to say Kilkenny (admittedly from friendly matches).

The experience at Southend will hopefully allow him to get a better feel for the pace of the game. As it stands he’s probably our 8th choice midfielder
Noticeable trait based on one game in a makeshift team when he was 19. Crikey!!!

When I have seen him with players he knows and is on the same wave length of, imo he is head and shoulders better than Kilkenny. Kilkenny looks a hard working , busy player but not lacks the extra bit of quality of yet, needs a loan too to develop.

In terms of size and stature, we have a history of quality shorties, in some ways he reminds me of Ian Bishop, only 2cm shorter, but he needed 4 years at Carlisle before we gave him that last push before he made it to the original 1st Division. Both not that short either.

Kyle's also taller and heavier than Lewis Cook, taller than Matt Holland (and Kilkenny).

Let's encourage him and leave the critique to the coaches.

Let's encourage him and leave the critique to the coaches.
Presumably Kyle doesn’t read this forum so encouragement on here won’t help.

If you don’t want to see critique of players then maybe stay off forums! Although that hasn’t stopped you providing a critique of Kilkenny :hmmm:

Presumably Kyle doesn’t read this forum so encouragement on here won’t help.

If you don’t want to see critique of players then maybe stay off forums! Although that hasn’t stopped you providing a critique of Kilkenny :hmmm:

For the record I don't think Kilkenny is good enough either, I think our fans over-rate our youth because they obviously want it to work more than any signing. From what I've seen I think Oforboh has a chance as he's strong and proved himself in L1 winning promotion with Wycombe and I think Anthony has a talent for finishing judging by that Betway Cup game against West Ham.

Good move for him, I think as others have said elsewhere he would have made a breakthrough by now for us if he was ever going to do so.

Good chance for him to build a career for himself, fingers crossed it goes the way it did for Harry Cornick!

Could it be argued that KT was one of the final youth players from the pre-PL era academy improvements? Other than special cases like Surridge, Cornick (elsewhere) and arguably Simpson, no one has really broken through for us but have mostly gone on to have solid L2-1 careers so far; players like Cargill, Matthews, Goodship for example.

Taylor would have probably been an important player for us if we were still a league 1 club and would most likely have broken into the first team. By all accounts he was one of Southend’s only decent players in league 2 last season. Hope he does well.

;