Last week of the Transfer Window.

We may well have had the Ake... Wilson and Rambo money up front though....as shown with the Ming's transfer it's fairly common practice to borrow against these staggered payments.

You can factor against the guaranteed amount but not the conditions that the fee may reach when it's 'up to', which I think was the case in the Ramsdale fee quoted. You also lose a % of the total so you have to weigh up whether its worth it.

The Mings money was coming into a business with large amounts of cash coming in and out and it made sense to make it available asap for player spending to try to retain the PL tv money. That was the concern then.

Sheff Utd also did the same with the Brooks fee as they saw an opportunity to fund a promotion push by making the extra money immediately available at a time they weren't looking to cut costs.

We're in a different place now. If we don't go up we'll start hitting FFP issues in a couple of years. Having delayed transfer fees due to arrive then may be prudent to give us more wiggle room then.

The club might have factored the fee but there are very good reasons not to have done as well.

Agree. We’ve already lost numerous players and only have one senior strikers, we have two attacking mids, one of which is Stan who is likely to be injured most of the time. We are one injury away from having to change system/playing someone in an unnatural position and hoping for the best. It’s clearly not enough. The 14/15 promotion team had two competing players for every position.
The point of adding games played was to illustrate that Gosling and Wilshere were in effect job sharing (at best), or in the case of Simpson only hanging around as cover for the cover because CCV was injured.

By all means do the same comparison to 14/15. There were only 12 players who started more than 10 games. 6 that started fewer but played more than 10 in total as subs. Bear in mind some joined on loan later. In effect there was a very tight knit group, a core squad and the rest were either added to effect from Jan or made little difference.

Still no problem getting another striker, totally valid statement but if they are not allowed to be junior, what senior striker is realistically looking to be back up and if we found one, are you happy to loan out Saydee at least until Xmas, so he isn't stood still.

Only two clubs in the whole of Europe have a lower net transfer spend than us over the last couple of seasons I believe ie we have bought in millions more than we have spent. There should sure as hell should be enough to get three more players in, if not serious questions should be asked about the running of the club.

I agree, if it's correct.
IMHO it was shrewd signing and buying by Eddie, and the teaching of all the different ages of young lads, under the tutelage of Joe Roach, that our youngsters learned to sing from the same sheet music. We now have a wonderful crop of speedy musical teenagers, the envy of any side we play against who can dance around other more experienced professionals. SP is benefitting from it ... don't forget that 22yr old Jaidon Anthony, dob 1/12/1999, won the Sky Bet 'Player of the Match' against the 'bruisers' of West Brom. I think on that day our side av age was little over 22yrs...bbbuuuutttt there is one experienced lad I would like to see singing music in our choir and Adam Smith is my fav.

;