Leeds at Home

Don't want to alarm anyone but out and about in Christchurch today I saw a thick set, bald, middle aged man in a Leeds hoodie. If they're arriving here 44 weeks early, there's going to be hordes of them come April 29th : )

Ps I'm sure it'll be sorted by the powers that be, as and when the match approaches.

Pps only 307 more sleeps : )

I think the fixture will get moved, because IF there is trouble, there will now be some accountability on the police, the FA and premier league. Nobody will want to take the blame or responsibility and be accused of ignorance.
They lost Philipps today and that Brazilian won't be there next season so they might struggle.

Right oh then...heres something that needs saying...that hasn't, i'm fairly sure, already been said and perhaps should have been ..either recently, in view of the fixture list or back in 1990.

Can you imagine the carnage that would have occurred if Boscombe had actually won that game. ..and Newcastle had beaten M' Boro thereby Sheff.Utd and Newcastle getting the Auto places..not Leeds.. Christ , I believe there would have been deaths after the game... seriously !

Right oh then...heres something that needs saying...that hasn't, i'm fairly sure, already been said and perhaps should have been ..either recently, in view of the fixture list or back in 1990.

Can you imagine the carnage that would have occurred if Boscombe had actually won that game. ..and Newcastle had beaten M' Boro thereby Sheff.Utd and Newcastle getting the Auto places..not Leeds.. Christ , I believe there would have been deaths after the game... seriously !

Jeez Brian ,comments like that will have local animal charities being inundated with kittens.

Will a big take 2 happen or not no one can know - the doomsayers nor the head-in-sanders know. We can have an opinion but no one really knows so best to stop appearing as know it alls.

Thus, best thing to do when prem league invites stakeholders to input parameters before fixture list is published is to avoid certain teams on a bank holiday given how busy the rest of town is. No fuss, no wild speculation and no risk of trouble.

Isn’t hard isn’t it?

Will a big take 2 happen or not no one can know - the doomsayers nor the head-in-sanders know. We can have an opinion but no one really knows so best to stop appearing as know it alls.

Thus, best thing to do when prem league invites stakeholders to input parameters before fixture list is published is to avoid certain teams on a bank holiday given how busy the rest of town is. No fuss, no wild speculation and no risk of trouble.

Isn’t hard isn’t it?
Pretty much what I and others have been saying all along, just common sense really.

It's up to an individual to think, express concern and then just provide opinion, derived from his or her experiences about a subject of this nature which involves the safety of fans at fixtures.
Getting annoyed and flippantly referring to posters as ' doomsayers' or 'head in sanders' is typical of the elitist overseeing of an increasing number of posters on this forum.

Isn’t hard isn’t it?

There must be hundreds of potentially more volatile fixtures in next season's premier league than this one. It's not even in Leeds' top five fixtures most likely to involve trouble, probably not even in their top ten.

There must be hundreds of potentially more volatile fixtures in next season's premier league than this one. It's not even in Leeds' top five fixtures most likely to involve trouble, probably not even in their top ten.

I thought the thing that would make this one different is containment.

If West Ham and Millwall were playing, the away fans would be bubbled in and out. It might be a bit rowdy but it would be containable.

If Leeds has a large contingent in town, it could kick off in a number of places fairly spontaneously and the police won't be there to respond.

I thought the thing that would make this one different is containment.

If West Ham and Millwall were playing, the away fans would be bubbled in and out. It might be a bit rowdy but it would be containable.

If Leeds has a large contingent in town, it could kick off in a number of places fairly spontaneously and the police won't be there to respond.

Yes but Leeds fans don't care about Bournemouth supporters so aren't going to be motivated to attack them any more than any other set of fans in town are they?

Send Table in first to dazzle them with one of his shirts,then Waz could tell us Millwall are the better thugs,Derek could drive them mad with his arguments and then the rest could be defeated by the knight on his steed,Top Farrier,though he would have to do it virtually from his armchair

Send Table in first to dazzle them with one of his shirts,then Waz could tell us Millwall are the better thugs,Derek could drive them mad with his arguments and then the rest could be defeated by the knight on his steed,Top Farrier,though he would have to do it virtually from his armchair
I'm sure Brian would be the first one they thump.

There neatly underlines the problem I expect

;