Leicester Seem To Be Splashing The Cash

billythekid

UTC Legend
http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/musa-set-to-join-leicester-city-for-16-6m-keane-hernandez-and-other-things-you-may-have-missed/story-29474456-detail/story.html

And our last signing was only a modest £5 million.

I know, mad isn't it. I was genuinely excited when we paid over 5 figures for a player not that long ago! Genuinely thought we were really splashing the cash..

................. I was excited when cuddly Ken spunked £35K out of his back pocket to buy Paul Wood.

It wasn't a bad day when Freddie Cox paid York City £10,000 for a certain Ted MacDougall.

Going back to Leicester picking up Huth for £3 million was a good signing even if he isn't everyones cup of tea, he and Morgan in defence had a lot to do with their success as well as Vardy and the bargain £560,000 paid for Mahrez who scored the goals.

Hopefully Huth or Morgan might be available if Leicester get too big for their boots! Definitely what we need.

can't see eh ever signing a centre half like huth or morgan whether we think that's exactly what the side needs or not

they need to be comfortable on the ball and be able to bring the ball out of defence and distribute

yesyescherry - 5/7/2016 14:19
can't see eh ever signing a centre half like huth or morgan whether we think that's exactly what the side needs or not
they need to be comfortable on the ball and be able to bring the ball out of defence and distribute

Well Cook's distribution is only marginally better than Boruc's!

EH need to get his shiite together and sign some CB's who can actually defend in the PL. Our defensive record was terrible last season.

AFCB Lost in Brum - 5/7/2016 16:30

yesyescherry - 5/7/2016 14:19

Well Cook's distribution is only marginally better than Boruc's!

EH need to get his shiite together and sign some CB's who can actually defend in the PL. Our defensive record was terrible last season.

He's already here.... Mings. IMO he's the man for the left sided centre back role.

I was thinking similar the other day. I wouldn't be surprised to see a defence full of full backs at some points next season. Mings, Francis and Ake can all play in the centre, Charlie isn't getting any younger though despite being probably player of the season last year

But unrelated, but another club doing well (on paper) in the transfer window so far is Boro. Signed Espinosa, Fischer from Ajax, De Roon from Atalanta. Now they look favourites to sign Victor Valdes on a free!

;