Leicester v AFCB...

As a former, local leagues, keeper, I'd rather see the ball from the moment it was hit. Having a wall generally makes this impossible. It can halve the time in which you have to react. Just my preference though.

The only gripe I've got is that Adam Smith should be goal side of Vardy and he should have tracked his run.

If Begovic had saved and parried, Vardy would have had an easy tap in. Smith was neither blocking the shot or tracking the run.

Interesting discussion that about walls. I’d not thought of it like that Silent AFCB but you are right. How many top class keepers would be beaten from 30 yards if they could see the ball all the way. It would take one hell of a shot.

Having no wall at all is an absolutely ridiculous suggestion.

Given the fact that we were in the 97th minute the suggestion that Leicester were going to do anything other than shoot is as also preposterous as facing the shot with no wall.

Jesus wept, I wonder what some people are thinking sometimes.

With no wall there would have been a crowd of players from both sides in front of Begovic, giving him even less time to get down/cope with a deflection.

I think we have to face up to the fact that it was a quality strike.

Not quite up to this.

Note the 4 in the wall. :grin:

[youtube=XdL7EDKr_rk]

Aside from it being a great strike, comment on MOTD 're Smith positioning was probably fair. But wrong to criticise, we were hanging on and I'd take a point

KBG is right, it was a worldy. Just have to take it on the chin and move on. Should have been out of sight with the chances created and the second stonewall penalty turned down in a week.

dragonm8 - 4/3/2018 12:06

Having no wall at all is an absolutely ridiculous suggestion.

Mahrez doesn't have the power to beat a keeper from that distance set for a shot. It would have taken his ability to shoot away completely.

I just think it's worth considering. Leicester would probably have formed their own wall to help Mahrez shoot if we didn't have one.

There is an image today on Twitter that shows Smithy had an extra Leicester player to his right, as well as Vardy to his left. So he was split in two really....if he had come into the wall, there was obviously the option to play that outside attacker in. Although...how realistic would it have been for Mahrez to turn down the direct shot!

afcb.czech - 3/3/2018 17:01

Another complacent blunder from Begovic costs us a goal...

I only saw the last 10 mins but in that 10mins we were completely awful.

Ha ha ha ha....

What utter nonsense. That wasn't a blunder and Begovic had a good game overall, but don't let the missing 80 minutes affect your view.

;