Leicester v AFCB...

bigfatolly

Star Player
I'm guessing with the undersoil heating that the game will go ahead.

I'm on the supporters coach,unless there is a miracle thaw between now and Saturday morning,I can't see me getting to the ground to get the coach,or even if the Coach Company will deem the roads safe enough to travel.

What do you reckon,never been in this situation before,will the club cancel the coaches and refund?

After the snow passes by tomorrow, Forecast overnight Friday is 3dgC and light rain. Every possibility it will all thaw and be washed away by Saturday morning

I'm on the minibus but can't see myself getting out the front door at present. My brother is supposed to be picking up the coach at Dorchester.

Its not looking good unfortunately.

Time for a reminisce, when the coach got as far as Newbury for a game at Donny and had to turn round. Some got off and made their way independently.

Weymouth to Dorch road was closed earlier on. Just depends how quick a thaw we get once it stops.
Looking doubtful for me I think

GaryRB - 1/3/2018 20:41

After the snow passes by tomorrow, Forecast overnight Friday is 3dgC and light rain. Every possibility it will all thaw and be washed away by Saturday morning

Could happen here I suppose but there's a couple of hundred miles between here and Leicester.

I reckon the game will get postponed. Honestly can't see them allowing the officials and teams to travel in this weather. It would be cancelled at Dean Court for sure, don't know what the weather is like in Leicester but for once I understand it's better than here

On the train so I guess it's an on-the-day call. Presumably there's no refunds if any trains are running so if they go - I go.

There's a few legs involved so plenty of chances for it all to go wrong. This season has already been a nightmare on the trains so I reckon we might just get lucky this time.

SlowDownDerek - 1/3/2018 23:11

On the train so I guess it's an on-the-day call. Presumably there's no refunds if any trains are running so if they go - I go.

There's a few legs involved so plenty of chances for it all to go wrong. This season has already been a nightmare on the trains so I reckon we might just get lucky this time.

good luck with the trains. I am supposed to be goin up tomorrow but with the A31 currently closed in the forest etc who knows when I will set off.

No trains today between Weymouth and up the road, weve probably all seen the news about the train stuck outside Christchurch

Think they should just call off all this weekend's fixtures. Based in London, I can probably make it to Leicester safely tomorrow but that's not really the point.

Even if the pitch and stadium can be cleared of snow and surrounding areas made safe for supporters, emergency services are obviously going to be need to be on standby for all the fixtures. That's quite a strain on already stretched resources.

Not too mention that every Saturday our motorways see thousands of fans travelling to games. For many it still won't be a safe journey and again, emergency services have enough to deal with at the moment without having to rescue stranded football fans too.

No doubt the PL / Sky / BT will insist all games go ahead....who cares about away supporters when there is money to be made

Agree TC.

A mate in Leicester says they're OK at the moment but due snow today. Overnight temperatures down here predicted as +5 or 6 degrees which would be really helpful for travel at this end but issues might lie further north. I guess Bluebird have to call it for the coaches - it would be good to get an update from the club on the current thinking.

GaryRB - 2/3/2018 08:45

No trains today between Weymouth and up the road, weve probably all seen the news about the train stuck outside Christchurch

I was on the train behind the one that broke down outside Christchurch. Nightmare journey that started at 6.30pm at Southampton. No driver turned up for the slow portion to start with. I was in the fast bit but because of a points failure we were reversed back to Southampton and had to follow the slow train which because of a problem could only travel at 20mph! Slow train broke down just on from Christchurch station.

We were held for 30 minutes on a red signal before Christchurch. At 9.20 the plan was to connect both trains and proceed to Bournemouth. Unfortunately the plan didn't work but plus was that the last carriage was now alongside Christchurch station. At 9.45pm guard announced no plans to taxi or coach passengers to Bournemouth. The part I was in was going to Weymouth and quite a lot of people on board. We were told anyone who wanted to could get off the last coach.

I decided to do that and walk to Bearwood. Got home at 1am. What a nightmare.

Hope getting to Leicester and back tomorrow on the supporters buses is easier.

Whichever way you do it there are losers. I would guess everyone planning to travel by train has already bought their ticket, providing the trains run - which they are at the moment in most places you won't get a refund.
People staying overnight in hotels will probably have booked a cheap rate and wont get a refund if they don't turn up.
No winners here.

Game on as planned, contact ticket office for refund by 5pm today if you can’t make it, can be via email or phone, give them ticket number and they will then check it hasn’t been used via automatic barrier at Leicester and then issue refund next week.

From the BBC:

At 10:00 GMT on Friday, a Premier League spokesman told BBC Sport that there were no concerns about any of Saturday's seven games going ahead.

They really do care, don't they.

;