Leif Davis

I've heard that the stance from Leeds was that if we wanted him on a season long loan then we should cover all of his wages. We baulked at this but have now moved to take Rico off the wage bill to free up funds. Apparently Parker was desperate to make this happen whilst not seeing Rico as part of his plans.
...but he hasn't any real history only been scratching around the lower leagues

He must be wondering what on earth has happened. He thought he was coming to a club with no recognised LB guessing he'd be getting 46 Championship starts in his favoured position. Now he's got to be a little worried he might not get a proper look in!

Last edited:
SP played for Newcastle, didn't he? He must be in the know. Having said that, the way JZ is playing, he might not get much game time.

Obviously SP must think of the whole team but will Leif get a chance at all? Got to feel a bit for him moving down here for game time and not being in the squad. Zemura has been super, though and Smith and Kelly can both cover at left back.

Obviously SP must think of the whole team but will Leif get a chance at all? Got to feel a bit for him moving down here for game time and not being in the squad. Zemura has been super, though and Smith and Kelly can both cover at left back.
If he earns it, he'll get his chance at some point in the season

Smith and Kelly can cover, yes, but I feel that Leif is likely the second choice for now. Zemura is absolutely on fire right now, but it's a long and packed season, occasionally Parker will give him a rest and Leif will get a few starts. Not as great for Leif's development as he and Leeds may have hoped when he came here, but great for us, some competition to keep Zemura on his toes.

You can't keep giving players 'rests'...if the best players are in their slots...then to get consistency they need to stay in...until any injuries crop up...then you put the next best player in...
Two games in some weeks is nothing... not for today's 'athletes'..plus they get their ' International' breaks !

No Consistency...No Promotion..simple as that...don't get any simpler !

Last edited:
Smith is not a top level championship lb

Smith and Kelly can cover, yes, but I feel that Leif is likely the second choice for now. Zemura is absolutely on fire right now, but it's a long and packed season, occasionally Parker will give him a rest and Leif will get a few starts. Not as great for Leif's development as he and Leeds may have hoped when he came here, but great for us, some competition to keep Zemura on his toes.

no doubt zemura will get a suspension at some point - he is a human wrecking ball when he goes in for tackles - not that I am complaining!

No I don't think so either being right footed but Eddie put him there and I think they all did last year at times. When it comes to 7 subs, Parker may think Smith can be switched so not pick Leif for that reason.

Smith is not a top level championship lb

It's possible to see that if restrictions don't prevent Jordan travelling during the next International breaks to represent Zimbabwe then he might get rested for the Bristol and/or Derby games. In addition he will be missing in January for the African Cup of Nations, so SP will want make sure Leif is ready to step in.

As said, Leif isn't needed on the bench if we can cover the whole backline with versatility of Smith, Kelly and Meps for limited number of minutes. However he must be the back up starter as things stand.

The other watch out for Jordan is he may need Anthony to hold his place if some of his value comes from their partnership. Leif therefore could benefit if Rogers can put in a couple of decent sub appearances. We've seen he is prepared to work hard tackling back, and he's effortlessly quick going past defenders, (left or right) so some defenders going to get a terrible (terrific for us) last 20 mins soon. Then Leif with Rogers might be what we are all cheering.

;