Jefferson Lerma

Yep Lerma was excellent. He managed to find time on the ball where others failed. Ibe produced a mixture of excellent silky runs and an assist, along with moments where he seemed to have no idea what to do next. Fraser was a constant threat. I wouldn’t expect many of the others on show to make the first team soon apart from Travers maybe....

Lerma seems to enjoy his developing cult hero status. Was very enthusiastic in front of the NS! Smiling and clapping away. While the rest of the squad wondered around 30 yards away.

Just bumping this thread because I managed to find a full replay of Saturday's game and watched it last night. I was just so impressed by Jeff, the guy must be every manager's dream player. No histrionics, totally dependable, just gets on and does his job to a very high level. Seems to need no extra motivation, he always performs at his best on any given day. What a guy ! Whoever scouted him for us deserves high praise. He has fitted into the team so seamlessly and gives us something we've been missing for years. He deserves all the love and adulation he gets in my opinion. A great professional. I hope he feels like he has found his footballing home here with us.

I always worry unless we get our act together he may fancy better things. He has not seen the best of us but more than done his bit.
I actually think our best chance of keeping hold of him is to continue to show him the love. He seems to be a really down to earth guy with traditional values. If he feels loved and at home here I think he is the kind of guy who would, should push come to shove, value that over a move to a nominally "bigger" club. I'd like to think so at least. So please, let's continue to :love: Lerma !

...and buy cheap Colombia shirts off the interweb to the matches - to make him feel even more at home :grinning:

MandM still flogging them cheap - great website actually - (and I don't work for them!)

Maybe it counts the ricochet off his foot when he went steaming through a yorkshireman but making sure to glance the ball first. I'll forgive those kind of "bad passes"

Maybe it counts the ricochet off his foot when he went steaming through a yorkshireman but making sure to glance the ball first. I'll forgive those kind of "bad passes"

Lerma or Rico? Given Rico had more tackles, interceptions and clearances.

I know I'm being a bit flippant, and stats certainly don't tell the whole story; but the vastly different reactions to Lerma and Rico's performances strikes me as a little unwarranted (not that I'm accusing you personally CB)

Last edited:
No worries I'll take nothing personally unless it's made clear that is the intent. Yes anyone can use the numbers to prove a point just a case of selecting specific numbers. But I meant Lerma, just a flippant comment highlighting his gung ho attitude

;