lets now sign jack wilshire ! free !!

...and of course you KNOW that is what were paying him do you?

The Guardian reported he was on £90K a week...I'd embrace Al for that

Incidentally when he was subject to some good natured banter at the London Stadium his response was to look at us and gob on the ground.

I don't get the fawning over the bloke. He was a Peak 6 signing not an Eddie signing.

Incidentally when he was subject to some good natured banter at the London Stadium his response was to look at us and gob on the ground.

I don't get the fawning over the bloke. He was a Peak 6 signing not an Eddie signing.
He did alright for us, but I think we've done better this year.

My thoughts too. I was a big fan when he was here but when he played against us the other day I was disgusted at his cynicism, sly fouls, not so sly blatant hacking down of Weeman. He should have gone for that. Even though he did stay on the field and shook every one of our boy’s hands while all his mates skulked straight down the tunnel.

Wilshere was great for us, he really got into the ethos, his kids had our shirts and he gave us everything on the pitch. His face when we beat Liverpool was showing pure passion. So I won't say anything against him now. I do think that with his wage levels, we have done better in that area for less though.

When Jack signed for us, we still had a very inexperienced squad in PL terms. Having someone around the club who understood the mentality required to complete at the very top clearly rubbed off on the players we had at the time.

Our squad has evolved. In fact we probably now have more PL experience than many clubs in the division. I applaud his contribution at the time and it worked well for both parties. I also think we were correct in looking elsewhere in our recruitment

Last edited:
When I saw this thread I thought 'Oh no', we don't want him now. Nice enough player, did OK for us, never scored though. We've moved on.

really wish him all the best, a class though fragile player who's got style written all over him & undoubtedly influenced our team.

It's funny how Eddie and our staff managed to get the most competitive games in a season that he had had for years.
I would take him now if he was fit as I still think we are light in that area,as proved yesterday as we lack creativity in midfield without Lewis Cook.

;