lets now sign jack wilshire ! free !!

If you are counting the signing bonus in the wage then Wilshere would be close to 200k per week. It might be just about doable, but is it value? Would the money be better spent elsewhere?

Slightly off topic, but when you step back and actually think about the numbers, 200k a week is just an absolutely staggering amount of money for 1 player. I remember when we put Stock and Hayter on the transfer list in the hope of selling 1 of them for 200-300k in order to keep the club going for a few months, now we’re debating whether to spend it on an injury prone midfielders weekly outlay. Fully appreciate that is the market we’re now in, but it just highlights how much the club has changed/grown in a relatively short space of time. Mental.

When he came down here last season for Arsenal he played a blinder. I never saw him hit that level when playing for us. I don't think our set up suits him so we should save our dosh for someone else that does..

In that game, jack played well for an hour or so but his influence waned and had no impact in repelling Afcb. Maybe needs a year more on conditioning plus no injuries to get his fitness back. No doubt he is getting fitter but like when he played with us, not as good in the second half of season last year as in the first half.

Maybe not on here but certainly on twitter etc I've seen fans castigating Wislon because he might be asking for a pay rise to 60k, ie close to parity with Jermaine, yet at the same time asking about bringing in someone who's played less in the last four years than Callum who's had both knees rebuilt

Yes he's a good player, but he's a ridiculous gamble, and I think that comparison to Callum really highlights it

SSN

Three year contract at West Ham.

WILSHERE SET FOR £100K HAMMERS DEAL

Jack Wilshere is set to earn £100k-a-week from West Ham when he signs for the club on a pay-as-you-play deal which is loaded with incentives, says the Mirror.

The midfielder is available on a free having been released by Arsenal earlier this summer.

Well that didn't take long, did it ? It's almost as if his feet and legs are made of glass. He's had an abnormal amount of leg/foot injuries by any measure. Bad luck for the guy. And of course it does make him a risk for any club to sign. Feel very sorry for him, must be hard to reach top form when your career is always so stop/start because of injuries.

...well I wish Jack the best of luck in his recovery....he took a brave step coming to us and embraced us whilst he was here..

I'd embrace playing for the scummers for 100k a week

;