Lewis Cook

Of course it does. We know you have little opinion of Cook but what if Lerma or Surman get injured or sent off?
Well i suppose playing with 10 men would hamper our chances of victory tbf....if one of them gets injured then i'd guess Eddie would look to replace them with someone else....i think thats how these things work....

Look we have 5 games before we can make loan signings, we have development squad players who can play in this position who train with the first team every day (Taylor and Oboforth?), as well as Gosling, Surman, Lerma, Ake, Brooks.

It’s a major major loss but not, for me, the same kind of loss as when Callum was injured.

Last edited:
Brooks won’t be able to play as a genuine CM. He’s too lightweight.

You could put him behind Wilson and move King over to the right. But it would mean Surman, Gosling or maybe a youngster coming in next to Lerma.

Look we have 5 games before we can make loan signings, we have development squad players who can play in this position who train with the first team every day (Taylor and Oboforth?), as well as Gosling, Surman, Lerma, Ake, Brooks.

It’s a major major loss but not, for me, the same kind of loss as when Callum was injured.

What may have escaped your attention is that we i.e. AFCB are in fact in the Premier League. We are not in League Two. Both Taylor and Oboforth, although talented, will not measure up to the pace, intensity and rigors of the Premier League. They are far, far too inexperienced to be effective at this point. With the games we have coming up i.e. Wolves away and three games against top six Premier League opposition we cannot start putting youth team players in the first eleven.

One of our main shortfalls is that we are not allowed to play in the Premier League reserve set up. This is why a number of our squad players are not match fit and sharp due to lack of game time. There is a difference between being fit to train and being fit to play.

Some people talk of Surman as if he Never stepped out of the Championship......I wonder if we would have got out of it without him?
The guy can still do a job for us...and we have entered a period where we might have to beg him to ! We all pull together ! ( the song kept Cov in the top tier for 30 odd years).
Your're right Bill......Surman was PL long before we were tbf...:)

Certainly will need to look at the loan market. We all know that Lerma gets a yellow card most games so will get at least 1 more suspension this season - possibly two. No need to panic yet, EH will work on different players in different positions. Just a big shame for Lewis.

What may have escaped your attention is that we i.e. AFCB are in fact in the Premier League. We are not in League Two. Both Taylor and Oboforth, although talented, will not measure up to the pace, intensity and rigors of the Premier League. They are far, far too inexperienced to be effective at this point. With the games we have coming up i.e. Wolves away and three games against top six Premier League opposition we cannot start putting youth team players in the first eleven.

One of our main shortfalls is that we are not allowed to play in the Premier League reserve set up. This is why a number of our squad players are not match fit and sharp due to lack of game time. There is a difference between being fit to train and being fit to play.[/QUOTE.

Theoretically you are probably right...but 'f##k' all that....let's have some Positive thinking...one introduction at a time might work.
I'm all for SOME negative thinking; we need a balance...but with so many injury problems...now is the time to go the other way! We have 23 points in the bag!

What may have escaped your attention is that we i.e. AFCB are in fact in the Premier League. We are not in League Two. Both Taylor and Oboforth, although talented, will not measure up to the pace, intensity and rigors of the Premier League. They are far, far too inexperienced to be effective at this point.
Well, I think that's for the manager to decide. There's really no predicting on how someone will respond to a difficult challenge thrown their way.
Rashford got his break with Man United because of a "rash" of injuries, and he seized his chance.

One of our main shortfalls is that we are not allowed to play in the Premier League reserve set up. This is why a number of our squad players are not match fit and sharp due to lack of game time. There is a difference between being fit to train and being fit to play.

the Premier League reserve (U21) set up is not a particularly competitive league - after all Derby County are top of it.. That is why PL clubs lobbied hard to be allowed in the Check Trade mickey mouse cup to get a bit of tougher competition. Most PL clubs with good youngsters prefer to send their players out on loan so they get proper competitive football not reserve league kick arounds.

It hasn’t escaped my attention. They train with the first team; they have been given squad numbers; they aren’t there for fun it’s because they are rated highly and there to be back up to the first team, so in hindsight, Your point is invalid.

Maybe if they could only have 50 professionals, age irrelevant, then players might get more competitive football. As they might get picked up by lower league clubs. You wouldn't end with so many children earning tens of thousands a week either

;