Lewis Cook

Puzzling as I thought the high earners from the PL days would have their contracts run down or be sold.

Great news though as he is PL quality.

NWCherries98

Fans' Favourite
Puzzling as I thought the high earners from the PL days would have their contracts run down or be sold.

He’s the sort of player that I think most managers at this level would want to try and build the team around on paper as a young core, along with players like Kelly and Solanke. Good news.

NWCherries98

Fans' Favourite
No it's not really a defensive role....It's more the 'quarter back role' that Kilkenny plays at the moment...... of our midfielders only Lewis and Gavin are really suited to it .
I agree that while Pearson is inarguably one of the best players in his role in league, he doesn’t really seem to fit our current system that well. Might be proven wrong though.

Yes I know what you mean. Lewis on his day is a solid PL standard player and I imagine his last contract was befitting of that status, and I doubt he's taken significant reduction. I thought he'd be more likely to keep his options open, and we'd have half an eye on getting the wage bill down and seeing how his injury recovery went.

That both parties have come to an agreement speaks a) to Cook's confidence in the club, and b) about afcb's confidence in his fitness and also financially being able to afford and commit to such a player in a position we're well stacked.

MB1980

Fans' Favourite
Yes I know what you mean. Lewis on his day is a solid PL standard player and I imagine his last contract was befitting of that status, and I doubt he's taken significant reduction. I thought he'd be more likely to keep his options open, and we'd have half an eye on getting the wage bill down and seeing how his injury recovery went.

That both parties have come to an agreement speaks a) to Cook's confidence in the club, and b) about afcb's confidence in his fitness and also financially being able to afford and commit to such a player in a position we're well stacked.
Yes exactly, good points. Really positive news for all those reasons. Hardly a sign this season is PL or bust.

I don't imagine he'd have any issues finding another top championship club or lower PL club on a very good wage and signing on fee if he wanted to let his contract run down.