Lewis Cook

You've got to feel for the lad....he'll be devastated by this.....wish him all the best in his recovery....
I feared the worst when it first happened.....the way our players were standing around Lewis made it look like it was serious....Stan in particular looked quite upset..... as did the Preston player tbf......but then when he got up and walked off i thought he can't be so bad ..

His comeback game at DC after his last long layoff was sensational. He was fired up and unplayable. Can't wait for the second coming! Good luck Lewis and stay positive.

Obviously bad news for Lewis and let's hope he makes a speedy recovery. He was finally beginning to look like the player who first joined us back in the day.

A bit strange though. Didn't JW say in the post match interview that he thought Lewis would be ok ? I'm pretty sure he was asked if Lewis was going to be out for a while because he was obviously subbed off following the injury. I'm sure JW said he thought he should be ok. Good job he's not a physio I suppose !

Being optimistic and judging by the way Lewis was able to hobble off, maybe, just maybe, his injury is not quite as bad this time and perhaps the recovery time will be a bit shorter ?

As an aside, Jack Wilshere said in his interview that ideally he would have liked to have started more games but that it was up to him to prove his worth in training, so no complaints. This could be the opportunity for JW to finally get a run in the starting lineup you would imagine. I think he is the sort of player who would benefit most from a run in the side, since he will need time to figure out which runs which teammates are likely to make. Now that Woodgate seems to be trying to play a settled team, letting Jack now become a part of that could see things really start to click. Let's hope so.

;