Lewis Cook

Why should we play less foreigners than other teams, also he didn't even got on the pitch in the last U21 game. That all said I don't expect talksport to know anything, it wasn't that idiot who promised to jump off the pier was it?

As for his attitude, I've seen nothing to make me think he'd get the hump, he know he'd get a break when he got back from summer and he's seen Arter go out, that alone sends a huge message about how confident EH is in him. Certain he'll get 24 appearances this season

It was also TS who said Lerma was the one who head butted an England player in the WC when it clearly wasn’t.

Now I’m not knocking Eddie or his team selection at all, but Lewis must be scratching his head when Gosling is injured and he still can’t get a starting spot ahead of Surman. Lewis was one of our best players last season, rested against Burnley on the last day of last season so he could have a break before being on stand by for England. Signed a new long term contract shortly after, now can’t get in the starting 11....

Did we by Lerma to only partner Gosling or Surman? You would think our strongest two would be Cook and Lerma. He played without Surman and Francis last week who are captain and vice captain so that wouldn’t be the reason behind it.

Seems strange to me, that’s all.

...fancy he could be on his way in January? Lewis needs to be playing to have a chance of England selection....I do sometimes have doubts over Eddie's selections of his 'apparent favs'...like Francis,Gosling & Surman??

...fancy he could be on his way in January? Lewis needs to be playing to have a chance of England selection....I do sometimes have doubts over Eddie's selections of his 'apparent favs'...like Francis,Gosling & Surman??
Absolutely correct, Lewis has skills Surman can only dream of, yet he still can’t get in the starting eleven. Can see him rejoining Leeds if they get promoted.

Maybe there has been some kind of falling out I can’t think of any other reason. He was shifted into the real Betis team and not the ‘stronger’ Marseille starting 11, which was the reason behind him not starting the first few games.

Hahaha, norbert. If I see Lewis sulking then I'll worry. Until then posts like these just get picked up by lazy journalists who then report it as if it;s fact. We've all seen tweets get picked up, Snoots is at it all the time

We never really hear anything from the squad with very few exceptions. So either he is happy and EH has explained things to him or he is unhappy and EH has said we will let you go. I can't imagine he is unhappy and there is not a sniff in the press. Of course I may have missed something

So you think Eddie would not pick what he thought would be the most likely team to win a game?

Really?

Maybe, just maybe, it’s more likely that there are factors we don’t see, for example performance in training?

But no, let’s just go with the old “Eddie’s favourites” thing.....

Lewis is not playing because EH sees them in training every day, works with them, knows which partnerships work best on the field for the TEAM and picks the side accordingly.
Lewis will get his chance.
Do we have to have a Lewis Cook thread every time he doesn't get picked ?

No, we don’t. But I’m saying if Surman is getting picked ahead of him when Gosling is injured then there seems to be no logical reason for it in my opinion. This is a player who was rated as good enough to be on standby for the World Cup and given a lucrative contract in May.

Same with Adam Smith, Tokelo Rantie and so on, my point being that worry as we may EH seems to know what he is doing!

Same with Adam Smith, Tokelo Rantie and so on, my point being that worry as we may EH seems to know what he is doing!

I don’t doubt he does. The point of the post was Cook must be scratching his head thinking why is Surman ahead of me.

Southgate is watching at turf moor for a further kick in the teeth for him.

I’m sure it’s to do with form. I know we won, but against MK Dons Lewis had a shocker. So many passes went astray I couldn’t believe it was the same player. He’ll come good eventually and I’m sure he’ll get a chance to stake a claim on Tuesday just like the others.

;