Lewis Cook

I don’t doubt he does. The point of the post was Cook must be scratching his head thinking why is Surman ahead of me.

Southgate is watching at turf moor for a further kick in the teeth for him.

I’m sure he’s not scratching his head trying to work it out. He will know full well that he simply hasn’t shown enough to merit his place recently.

He’s young he will come good, he’s patient, he showed that and benefitted from that last season.

I don’t doubt he does. The point of the post was Cook must be scratching his head thinking why is Surman ahead of me.

Southgate is watching at turf moor for a further kick in the teeth for him.

Fair redress, I was distracted by the posts suggesting Lewis will be off. I don’t think many on here would have Surman in the side over Cook, but I’m sure EH will have told him why......having said that I’m sure EH will be having a rethink right about now!

Cook or Surman?....tbh it doesn't matter...neither of them can tackle...create chances or are a goal threat.......imo.

They have just been discussing L Cook with Willo on Solent.

When Eddie thinks his ready he will play him in the Premier League.

They have just been discussing L Cook with Willo on Solent.

When Eddie thinks his ready he will play him in the Premier League.

Ready? What aload of rubbish. I must be living under a rock.

This is a player that has captained the under 20’s and 21’s, won a sodding World Cup for England for the first time in over 50 years, made his senior England debut in March, signed a new contract in May, and still can’t get in the team. Don’t understand Willo’s comment.

This is a player that has captained the under 20’s and 21’s, won a sodding World Cup for England for the first time in over 50 years, made his senior England debut in March, signed a new contract in May, and still can’t get in the team. Don’t understand Willo’s comment.

Its not that hard to understand. Loads of players in the England U20 and U21's are not playing on a regular basis in the PL. EH clearly doesn't think he is his first or second choice in centre midfield at the moment - it may be training issues, teamwork issues, fitness levels, mentality or whatever. He will get his chance, I just don't see why we always seem to make such a big thing about it.

Its not that hard to understand. Loads of players in the England U20 and U21's are not playing on a regular basis in the PL. EH clearly doesn't think he is his first or second choice in centre midfield at the moment - it may be training issues, teamwork issues, fitness levels, mentality or whatever. He will get his chance, I just don't see why we always seem to make such a big thing about it.

Ok, ok, I’ll drop it....until next week

Not sure how long Gosling is out for but I think it will be Cook and Surman starting together against Blackburn. If Cook wants to show he’s better than Surman (which of course he is) then no excuses for not putting a good performance in on Tuesday

Does nobody consider the fact that having played so well last season and then seeing Gosling and Surman start ahead of him his confidence dip might have effected his performance v MK Dons.

A management teams job is to nurture talent. Seeing as we all agree that Lewis has more than most it worries me we are not nurturing him. I will take this all back if we find out he has been on the razz or gobbing off at Eddie but I think we all know this is unlikely as well.

Yes, but by its very nature when you nurture talent you bring it on slowly and carefully. Brooks is very talented but I would expect EH to give him a rest fairly soon.

Willo just doesn't want to upset eddie

;