Liverpool - The Verdict

Result wise, couldn't really care. It's about par for the expected course.

Issues for me are

The continued selection from Eddie in a game that desperately needed 3 in midfield. Franno instead of Stacey?

The likes of Billing, Callum and Wee Man seemingly going through the motions with zero impact on the game.

Ake is the very sour twist in all this. Looked a bad one and he's desperately needed.

Tbf I was glad franno was their when Ake went off. Stacey Mepham Simpson Rico doesn't sound very experienced to me.

So in a multi million pound industry where many many teams of all types have had injury crises and will be desperate to put their fingers on the causes due to how much it costs them.... It's taken Neil Dawson, part time tactics guru, to solve the mystery. I'm sure the hundreds of people that work and study these things will be slapping their foreheads as to why they didn't come up with this first.

Obviously they'll first have to ignore all of the evidence of injury crises at clubs that dominate the ball... such as afcb a few years back.

Chasing the game is more tiring then dictating it.

Tired bodies are more susceptible to injuries.

You either believe these facts and think it’s not a coincidence our injuries have multiplied since we changed style.

Or you don’t believe them and it’s just bad luck.

What’s your theory on why we look so shattered, off pace and our injuries are so frequent. Sometimes it would good to hear what you think rather than just hearing what you think about what I think.

So in a multi million pound industry where many many teams of all types have had injury crises and will be desperate to put their fingers on the causes due to how much it costs them.... It's taken Neil Dawson, part time tactics guru, to solve the mystery. I'm sure the hundreds of people that work and study these things will be slapping their foreheads as to why they didn't come up with this first.

Obviously they'll first have to ignore all of the evidence of injury crises at clubs that dominate the ball... such as afcb a few years back.

Neil Dawson is a just a typical football know it all, every club has them.
They just moan about tactics and who should of been playing after a bad result.

We see the game very differently, which is part of life’s rich tapestry. I wasn’t there today but watching on TV all I saw was a bunch of exhausted players running all over the park trying in vain to get the ball. The commentators in the US were saying how exhausted we were and begging for the final
Whistle.
We certainly must be watching a different game....part of our transformation into a counter attacking team sees us sit off teams .....let them have the ball and then counter attack....it's got absolutely nothing to do with chasing the ball .....it's a complete contradiction to suggest we run around chasing the ball while at same team calling us a counter attacking team.

Chasing the game is more tiring then dictating it.

Tired bodies are more susceptible to injuries.

You either believe these facts and think it’s not a coincidence our injuries have multiplied since we changed style.

Or you don’t believe them and it’s just bad luck.

What’s your theory on why we look so shattered, off pace and our injuries are so frequent. Sometimes it would good to hear what you think rather than just hearing what you think about what I think.

I don't think our injuries are worse now than they were when we dominated the ball. We've had periods of plentiful injuries in all our guides. I also think that players are just as likely to get injured, if not more so, when they tear around the pitch pressing the ball like we did in our first PL season... and they did get injured then.

I thought they looked mentally exhausted today because Liverpool had broken their spirit. I don't think that was the cause of Ake's injury, he overreached in a tackle.

Brooks got injured in a pre season friendly. Kelly got chopped by Harry Arter in training. Steve Cook got a ball kicked at his arm and it broke. Etc etc

You're just making this stuff up now.

Result wise, couldn't really care. It's about par for the expected course.

Issues for me are

The continued selection from Eddie in a game that desperately needed 3 in midfield. Franno instead of Stacey?

The likes of Billing, Callum and Wee Man seemingly going through the motions with zero impact on the game.

Ake is the very sour twist in all this. Looked a bad one and he's desperately needed.
Completely agree - uninspired selection and formation with tepid performances throughout. They look bored playing and it's boring to watch. Our main approach seems to be tap it to full back and curl it down the line, or try to break from an interception but overrun it or mis-hit the pass. It's so, so predictable and one dimensional.

it’s just bad luck.

I think you would need to see what each injury is and how it happened. Smith for example, a bit of a freak injury to his ankle the other night, nothing muscle related. Cook, a ball blasted against his hand and it fractures. Brooks was not muscle related. Kelly was down to an Arter challenge in training initially. Daniels was a freak injury.

I'd suggest all the above were bad luck?

Our squad is premier league quality. We kept all of our players and added good players to it. It wasn’t that long ago that the wisdom on here was it was the best squad we ever had.
Disagree I'm afraid . Yes, we've added to our squad but not with premier League quality players. We've signed players that we hoped would eventually become PL quality players. Stacey is a great prospect, Danjuma the same, but PL ready?? I don't think so. I'm not writing them off, far from it but our squad is weak in depth.

Players can get injured warming up. There are a lot of random influences in the cause of an injury. Hamstrings can go when running, stretching and various other movements. Ake was unlucky, let's hope it's sorted soon. We'll need him badly.

Players can get injured warming up. There are a lot of random influences in the cause of an injury. Hamstrings can go when running, stretching and various other movements. Ake was unlucky, let's hope it's sorted soon. We'll need him badly.

Yup, can even happen in the bedroom..................putting on your socks ;)

I think you would need to see what each injury is and how it happened. Smith for example, a bit of a freak injury to his ankle the other night, nothing muscle related. Cook, a ball blasted against his hand and it fractures. Brooks was not muscle related. Kelly was down to an Arter challenge in training initially. Daniels was a freak injury.

I'd suggest all the above were bad luck?
Maybe unlucky to get those injuries, but as I said on one of the other threads, it often seems to take longer than predicted to get guys back. S. Cook last year, what was that infection all about? Charlie dislocated knee ... not typically an injury that takes six months to recover from. Brooks "just not healing right". I honestly don't get it ... these guys are million pounds assets, but the injuries don't seem to get addressed as they should.

But, as I also said, I never played the game. In other sports that I do know, I can understand the fine line between being hurt and being injured.

If we have lost Ake for 4-8 weeks, we are going to be without our best player during a most critical part of our season.

Maybe unlucky to get those injuries, but as I said on one of the other threads, it often seems to take longer than predicted to get guys back. S. Cook last year, what was that infection all about? Charlie dislocated knee ... not typically an injury that takes six months to recover from. Brooks "just not healing right". I honestly don't get it ... these guys are million pounds assets, but the injuries don't seem to get addressed as they should.

But, as I also said, I never played the game. In other sports that I do know, I can understand the fine line between being hurt and being injured.

If we have lost Ake for 4-8 weeks, we are going to be without our best player during a most critical part of our season.

I don’t know if we’re better or worse than any other club when it comes to injuries and complications. But we’ve always been plagued by it.

Even Warren Cummings and his broken leg wasn’t simple, had issues with the plate etc etc. It’s nothing new.

EH said post-match he was concerned that injured players were taking so long to come back.

Another joyless non performance with no chances created. The pl ready players billing and solanke offered nothing to the team.
Playing a narrow midfield against sides who are strong out wide isnt working, tactics need tweaking.

Choppy waters ahead.

Spared no expense on dross players and overpaid board members aswell. No stadium to look back on when we go just a half built training ground most likely

The club has spared no expense in getting the best treatment for Injured players. That's one thing they are very good at.
Yeah, you'd hope so RH. I mean, why wouldn't they. And yet, as I said, getting back on the pitch seems to take longer than expected, without any obvious explanations.
I also appreciate that EH has been very good in the past at not disclosing the fullest extent of injuries, and then suddenly a player is seen in training. But the Brooks one really is a mystery - just not healing right? My goodness .......

;