Liverpool - The verdict

AlGard

UTC Legend
When your team gives it's all, there cannot be one word of complaint.
We closed them down, gave them no space, everything that was required.

Had them on the racks, a goal up, nearly 2 with Ake's header.....Then the sloppiness.

Dear oh dear Jack Simpson. Thought he was Beckenbauer. Shocking.

We were never out of this game.
A bit of brilliance with Milner's clearance.

Tierney played his usual blinder, along with a linesman who gave an offside just as a corner was about to be given. Just shocking.

Expected result today, but what could have been.

3 points a must v Palace

did well, good fight. our goal coulda been disallowed. fraser unlucky. could have scored at end, incorrectly given offside?

We were playing badly and getting humped. We have played well in the last four games and got one point. We have given so many goals away this season it’s mind boggling.

Ultimately we are playing too many players who are not at this level and never really have been... Simpson, Stanislas, Gosling, Solanke shouldn’t be on the pitch at this level and it shows.

Our inability to make the squad right despite time and money and our inability to get players match fit will be the reason we go down if we do.

Expected a Champions performance to blow us away.
Then the game started, and it turns out the Champions to-be are full of rust, Watford was not a one-off.
Only we couldn't capitalise, a) because we miss too many chances, and b) because our bench is Championship level.

Just hope none of the injuries are too serious, i'm happy with our recent performances, and we are finally creating chances! Nathan Ake was the best dutch defender on the pitch today, no way is he only worth £40,000,000. Palace is a must win now.

When your team gives it's all, there cannot be one word of complaint.
We closed them down, gave them no space, everything that was required.

Had them on the racks, a goal up, nearly 2 with Ake's header.....Then the sloppiness.

Dear oh dear Jack Simpson. Thought he was Beckenbauer. Shocking.

We were never out of this game.
A bit of brilliance with Milner's clearance.

Tierney played his usual blinder, along with a linesman who gave an offside just as a corner was about to be given. Just shocking.

Expected result today, but what could have been.

3 points a must v Palace
I agree everyone gave their all. Jack Simpson clearly lacks the experience and Eddie is culpable here for making the wrong decision in my view.

I don’t understand why he didn’t move Stacey into the right centre back position, move Smith over to the right and bring on Rico. At least there would have been some experience in that lineup. Very frustrating.

Why oh why is Solanke ever bought on?

He produces nothing, chickens out of 50/50 balls (against Adrian today) is never likely to score at this level and managed to crock Billings.

What is it that EH sees in him that I obviously fail to see?

Simpson and L.Cook let the team down today with the mistakes. Ake was immense, Wilson did well and so did Billing until the useless Solanke injured him. Deserved something but we have to continue to show that fight.

We were playing badly and getting humped. We have played well in the last four games and got one point. We have given so many goals away this season it’s mind boggling.

Ultimately we are playing too many players who are not at this level and never really have been... Simpson, Stanislas, Gosling, Solanke shouldn’t be on the pitch at this level and it shows.

Our inability to make the squad right despite time and money and our inability to get players match fit will be the reason we go down if we do.

Many truths but the biggest issue imho is that over the season we have got very little from the supposed prem stars of Wilson, king, Fraser and brooks. Wouldn’t take much to get us to safety if those players earned their money.

I agree everyone gave their all. Jack Simpson clearly lacks the experience and Eddie is culpable here for making the wrong decision in my view.

I don’t understand why he didn’t move Stacey into the right centre back position, move Smith over to the right and bring on Rico. At least there would have been some experience in that lineup. Very frustrating.

When has Stacey ever played at CB?

Many truths but the biggest issue imho is that over the season we have got very little from the supposed prem stars of Wilson, king, Fraser and brooks. Wouldn’t take much to get us to safety if those players earned their money.

A bit harsh to include Brooks in that list. It's hardly his fault. I'd also add that King, when available, has been one of the bright spots in the team. Again, it isn't really his fault if he's injured.

Bang on with Wilson and Fraser though.

Wilson and Fraser fair enough but Brooks and King have both been injured and are hardly to blame.

Easy in hindsight I know.....but that's what should of been done....but Eddie was always going to bring on Simpson....who unfortunately will never make a PL player

Not sure keeping Billing on was a good move .... surely can only have aggravated his injury further.
Commentator called him Dilling at one point !

Was also a bit strange to see H Wilson with a Liverpool coat on.

;