Liverpool v AFC Bournemouth

I thought we stuck to our principals and tried to play football. Despite that there were still quite a few individual errors. Eddie needs to be looking at shoring up our defence in the summer (haven't we be saying that for the last 3 years)....Daniels sadly is 'shot'. Franno is running on reserve and Ake often looks simply fucking bewildered with whats surrounding him.

That aside this Liverpool team are improving year on year. Like Al I didn't expect anything else but we can put a few things right on Wednesday (if we aren't on the beach that is) ....I mean its under the lights if that makes any difference.

I thought we stuck to our principals and tried to play football. Despite that there were still quite a few individual errors. Eddie needs to be looking at shoring up our defence in the summer (haven't we be saying that for the last 3 years)....Daniels sadly is 'shot'. Franno is running on reserve and Ake often looks simply fucking bewildered with whats surrounding him.

That aside this Liverpool team are improving year on year. Like Al I didn't expect anything else but we can put a few things right on Wednesday (if we aren't on the beach that is) ....I mean its under the lights if that makes any difference.

Totally get what your saying about Ake . Sometimes he must be wondering if he’s defending our goal single handed ....number one priority this post season .Keep hold of Ake .

A couple of quality full back additions in the summer would make such a difference. Or at the very least getting Daniels and Smith back and firing on form.

It’s games like this that I miss an on-form arter. I thought a good defensive display though against a buoyant Liverpool team. Did well to stay in the game and tried to respond towards the end. Only downside for me was passing of fraser and Daniels at full back

Agree Wallmth- we were on the beach!

Something bothers me about Lewis Cook- can't put my finger on exactly what but is it that he seems to play at a sort of disinterested level, a bit like Le Tissier used to much of the time ? He is good but not as good as some make out!

Wasn't looking forward to it as I knew it wouldn't go well. As did the guys at BT Sport. Probably the worst time in the season to go to Anfield. It's not always about the results or me but that was a game I'd rather forget.

Southampton throwing a two goal lead away to end up with nothing makes us closer to safety, I think a win at Saint Mary's would seal our survival by making it impossible for them to overtake us.

Looking likely to be the highest placed on the south coast!

Was pretty poor.

Ibe was rubbish
Daniels was rubbish
Gosling was his usual self. Heavy heavy touches, clattering into the opposition giving away needless free kicks. Poor positioning for the first goal, gave the ball away for the second.i really do not understand the love in for Gosling. He may give everything but he isn’t good enough if we want to become a better team.

On a positive note he has increased his range of passing and did play some decent cross field balls on occasion. But he is still so powder puff and positionally awful.

Expect the same against Man U.

We must have set a PL record for giving the ball away in one match today must've been over 100 times. Cook is not the creative midfield saviour but we need to sign one. Daniels and Francis terrible again and should only be squad players now.

I don't really know what people expect.
We have just played the most in form team in the League,who may well win the European Cup,making them the best team in Europe.
Van Dijk cost more than our whole team near enough.
Their front 3 have god knows how many goals between them.
We are the smallest team in the League with 3 out of the 4 defenders playing for us in League One.
I went to the game and enjoyed the day,fully expecting us to lose ,and it wasn't half as bad or embarrassing as I thought it would be.
I'm on my way home on the coach reading some of these comments and just think sometimes perspective is needed.

Come on Liverpool were on fire and extremely fit given the games they have played over the past 10 days. Their front 3 interchange like magic and they had control of the midfield because sadly, yet again, 2 can't do it on their own whilst the likes of Ibe stand and stare.

We know the days of the League 1 heroes at full back are over we just have to convince Eddie.

Just imagine how good Liverpool would be with Ake next to Van D. Double our money in one season could be possible and pay for the new stadium if it ever arrives but let's get the training ground first.

As has been said a great day out we didn't go toe to toe this time because they have moved up a gear. We are still the collective/work in progress but come on guys we are on the brink of season 4 cast your minds back 9 years.

The time to worry is if we don't turn up next season when we play Wolves, Palace, Newcastle, Swansea etc. Those are our target games. Anything else is a bonus.

I really dont get why people are si critical of our performance. With the possible exception of Ake and Begovic, none of our players would get in the Liverpool team. Given they are on fire currently and we have injuries to key players, was anyone expecting anything better? Really?

No...but I was expecting we start with the team and formation that gave us the best chance...and that’s not Defoe v Loevren or two in centre mid.

The time to worry is if we don't turn up next season when we play Wolves, Palace, Newcastle, Swansea etc. Those are our target games. Anything else is a bonus.
This 100% We will struggle next season without additions/upgrades to the squad .

We seemed to play with a containing mentality , which I think as was proved earlier in the season , doesn’t really suit us but understandable considering the opposition .
Little genuine press and pressure on the ball when out of possession , more stand offish which allows Liverpool to get thier heads up and play their game.
I hope we get a bit of bite back for the end of the season as we look good when we try to impose ourselves .

Lucky to get nil. Wrong line up. 2 in the middle again. City are an excellent team and we matched them at home. Gosling, Surman and Arter in the middle.

it wasn't a terrible performance, but it certainly wasn't a full-on one. imagine if we had been desperate for the points - would we not have felt we could have offered just a little bit more? I would have expected any relegation team to have shown a bit more fight. if we're going to be better, we have to compete in every game, not just turn up, kiss ****************, & rollover.

We now have the 3rd worst goals against: So signing 2 or 3 defenders surely is a priority in the summer.
This game showed Ake isolated at the back.
Really don't know about Ibe now - maybe after showing some promise but only during a short period, it's a luxury too far- such hopes but as a team player it doesn't always work?
It seems our amount of drawn games have saved us this season. Only 14 defeats but only 9 wins! So the balance so far is 20 games producing points and 14 games not. Take those 11 draws - if 6 were wins it's top sevenish! If 6 were defeats it's just above drop zone- so a few important signings or not could be our fate next season one way or another?

;