Lloyd Kelly

What if Kelly wants to be a CB?...... Kerkez has to be our priority .....Playing Kelly at LB will hinder Kerkez's development.
In professional football, generally decisions are made based on today’s performance, not tomorrow’s.

Iraola has made clear that Kelly is one of his best players and that he would love for him to stay.

But yes, Kelly’s departure could be a blessing in disguise if that allows Kerkez to grow and fulfill his potential.

I think it was still injuries that kept him out in his first season.

He wouldn't have played as our Lcb ahead of Ake anyway......not sure Eddie would have played him as our LB ahead of Charlie either given how our attacking set up back then relied heavily on our full backs.
Obviously playing LB under Andoni is a lot easier for him as they are not required to go forward as much.

In professional football, generally decisions are made based on today’s performance, not tomorrow’s.

Iraola has made clear that Kelly is one of his best players and that he would love for him to stay.

But yes, Kelly’s departure could be a blessing in disguise if that allows Kerkez to grow and fulfill his potential.
I don't think we can afford to think short term....if a club like ours wants to grow we have to develop young players to sell......Zab....Scott and Kerkez are three players who could go for 50m+ if they are developed the right way.....this is the only way we can attract the best young talent.....

Dango has only played LB on four occasions ....Kerkez wasn't available for two of them and played as a winger in another.....not sure your point holds much water tbh....

Just as well that I was sharing an opinion rather than selling you a bucket.

Kerkez has all the ability to nail down that left back birth and make that place his own. Even as young as he is in a new country he should have done this. The fact he hasn’t is solely down to him.

He wouldn't have played as our Lcb ahead of Ake anyway......not sure Eddie would have played him as our LB ahead of Charlie either given how our attacking set up back then relied heavily on our full backs.
Obviously playing LB under Andoni is a lot easier for him as they are not required to go forward as much.

He did against Man United, Tottenham and Leicester at the end of that season. Ake shifter over to RCB until he got injured.

Fair point... I remember being surprised that he moved Ake over to the right at the end of the season.... Eddie must rated Kelly highly because he wouldn't have wanted to do that.

I think Cookie was out so I suppose it was a tough choice... Play your best player out of position or the inexperienced rookie. There's plusses and minuses with either. They let five in against United but then kept a clean sheet against Spurs.

We even scored a very late winner against Spurs only for VAR to find a reason to disallow it. Now there's a surprise...

We really didn't help ourselves that season but it also felt like it was cursed at almost every step.

Not the conversation you're having, I know, but given the recent VAR shenanigans it popped in my head.

Kelly is just not that into us to stay. Fair enough given how some of our fans booed him. I also think he's a decent player but not as good as some people think. He can lose focus sometimes. I think we can find someone as good if not better who doesn't get injured as much. I think the top clubs are circling because he's available on a free, and there is a distinct lack of left-footed talent that can play in both positions. He's good at covering the wings, and has a decent goal in him sometimes, though. Good luck to him.

How long will it be before he's in the England squad ?

IF he goes to Eddie's Newcastle.

C'mon on Bill make him THE offer he can't refuse.

Then he'll be another AFCB England player.

Just oozes CLASS.
Great player but not worth breaking the bank for

I thought Kelly was injured by Harry Arter in an open training session not long after he signed. Missed an awful lot of that season before he was ready to play. Factor in Eddie's reluctance to play young new signings from a league lower and you can see why he didn't play much that first season : )

For what it's worth, I think Lloyd is a class player and would love him to stay but as we are now I think he's more replaceable than a year or two ago : )

If he goes, then good luck Lloyd, if he stays, then even better luck Lloyd : )

I could be wrong but I've a feeling this happened earlier in the season at Newcastle to... Dan Burn.

I think he was having a rough patch and the fans wanted someone else to play. Livramento I think.
Nah, we didn't boo his every touch. There was a period where he was carrying an injury (spinal) and he was also being targeted by opponents due to his immobility and limitations as a LB.

He wasn't jeered, but 100% there were nerves whenever he made a mistake, or a searching ball was played down our left.

There were calls for either Livramento or Hall to play in that LB role, it certainly seemed to make sense from the outside. But as is so often the case we've no idea how those not playing would fit into the system, how well they're training, or how fit they are themselves.

;