Lys...

Let me be clear....Lys does not fit well with our club. He does not produce. Let's dump him.

He cost £6m ,which by today's standards is peanuts,so ,like any young player,he's a gamble.
I think he has improved massively,and has an unpredictability about him that is quite exciting.
He has scored a couple of goals,but to me lacks a few things that would kick him on even more.
I think a loan spell would tell a lot more about him,as he has never started regularly for us.
As said above,it speaks volumes that Eddie has splashed out on Solanke,and he has already started a game.
If we still have a fit Wilson,King and Solanke next season,then get Lys out on a 6 month loan to see what he can do.

One of our real strengths as a club is attacking options, the problem with that is sometimes opportunities can be hard to come by, this in turn makes it hard for a player to build confidence which most people accept is a big part for most strikers.

Realistically we are not going to have a 4th choice striker that's going to come in to the team and make a significant impact. I'd imagine there's not a fourth choice striker anywhere in the entire 92 with more than maybe 3 goals?

He's an option, he's different to the others and we are unlikely to do any better if we move him on!

A reasonable and relatively cheap (wages) I'd guess squad player.

I can see that I am dealing with mental retards on this site, so from now on will adjust my approach accordingly. The player with the greatest number of yellow cards this year to date is Holebas who plays DEFENSE for Watford. He has 10 cards, justifiably as his role is to stop goals from being scored. However, the dirtiest is LERMA, A MIDFIELDER that has 9. He should be setting up goals, NOT FOULING. We probably have the weakest Midfield in the league and Lerma is a big part of the problem. ATM he won't say Boo to a goose because he knows he's going to be banned for 2 games. So he is totally impotent out there. That is the story on Lerma. FULL STOP.
Dirtiest, what are you talking about, he is not dirty in any sense of the word, get a effing grip man.

I can see that I am dealing with mental retards on this site, so from now on will adjust my approach accordingly. The player with the greatest number of yellow cards this year to date is Holebas who plays DEFENSE for Watford. He has 10 cards, justifiably as his role is to stop goals from being scored. However, the dirtiest is LERMA, A MIDFIELDER that has 9. He should be setting up goals, NOT FOULING. We probably have the weakest Midfield in the league and Lerma is a big part of the problem. ATM he won't say Boo to a goose because he knows he's going to be banned for 2 games. So he is totally impotent out there. That is the story on Lerma. FULL STOP.

I'd argue that Lerma's main job for us is to break up play, fill in any gaps left behind by defenders out of position, and get the ball out to our more creative players quickly. He's been excellent in these areas as far as I'm concerned; in particular the amount of interceptions he's made just outside our box. You could argue that he should be creating goals as well as all this, and when we're Champions League regulars I'll agree with you; but we're not, so you should probably adjust your expectations a smidge.

Gosling, Surman and L. Cook all have no assists or goals this season, so I think its kind of ridiculous to blame this lack of goals and assists from midfield on Lerma alone, especially as that's not really his job in the team. Gosling has shown in the past that he can pop up with a couple of goals from midfield, which he hasn't really done this season at all. I'd agree with you that I'd like to see less fouls from Lerma generally, but I think he's altered his game fairly well since being one booking off a suspension. Plus, most of his fouls come from Gosling or Surman or any of our other players giving the ball away cheaply, and him having to single-handedly cover for them all.

Wow, where to start.....

First off, "mental retards".....classy, mate, very classy

Secondly, there is a difference between "midfielder" and "defensive midfielder" There are more than just the back five in a team whose job is to stop goals being scored, especially with us where our back four, let's be honest, ain't the greatest. I acknowledge that we still haven't nailed this yet, but the guy's new to the club, new to the country and will take some time to settle in. He's also definitely been targeted by some refs and been booked for things that others haven't been in the same game.

Lastly, is FULL STOP the new "FACT"? Just because you shout it really loudly doesn't make it so.....

Lerma has played 20 games, made 27 tackles, blocked 5 shots and committed 33 fouls. He plays for Bournemouth and PGMOL officials have given him 9 yellow cards.

Fernandinho has played 25 games, made 52 tackles, blocked 6 shots and committed 37 fouls. He plays for Manchester City and PGMOL officials have given him 5 yellow cards.

Go figure.

Ibe and Mousett both seem to be in the same boat.

I hate to make presumptions but from social media, it does appear they seem to be very good friends off the pitch and this does show in how they both play.

Both regularly seem to lack understanding of basic football, don't know how we play, appear to be lazy and inconsistent. Would argue they've made 0% progress since being at the club for a combined total of almost 6 years!

As previously said, the fact we splashed out £19m on a complete unknown and didn't let Surridge go out on loan shows the complete lack of progress both have made.

Ibe and Mousett both seem to be in the same boat.

I hate to make presumptions but from social media, it does appear they seem to be very good friends off the pitch and this does show in how they both play.

Both regularly seem to lack understanding of basic football, don't know how we play, appear to be lazy and inconsistent. Would argue they've made 0% progress since being at the club for a combined total of almost 6 years!

As previously said, the fact we splashed out £19m on a complete unknown and didn't let Surridge go out on loan shows the complete lack of progress both have made.
I don’t think we can call Solanke a complete unknown. He’s been around, and scored goals, in every England age group. What he hasn’t done is shown this form at club level. I do take your point that bringing Solanke in and not letting Surridge go back out on loan is telling.

Do you actually understand football?
Zidane is one of my favourite players ever, would I want a midfield four of clones of just him? Probably not, the chances the team would create would be incredible, however the ease the opposition would have of cutting through the midfield would be laughable.

Not sure who you think the retard is if you cannot see that Lerma almost always sits deep and spends a fair percentage of games in defensive positions covering others. Watch him next time a full back or winger loses posession and we're caught with a break against us, he'll do what is necessary to stop it and if he can't, he will fill in one of the full back or centre back positions that have been left.

I don't know if you just lack a total understanding for defending or have totally unrealistic expectations of a player doing his job.

Wind your neck in a bit is my suggestion. shouting and being offensive won't win friends or arguments on here. Not that your argument carries any credibility in my view anyway.

;