Lys...

Neil Dawson

UTC Legend
In your super soaraway Sun this morning it’s saying Eddie offered him big contract because he can walk for free in the summer.

Odd of club if so as we spent quite a few million on him. If he hasn’t got it (and I guess the jury is out with most fans) then he should have been sold back to France in the summer. If he has got it we shouldn’t be at this stage now.

I always think his potential is tremendous but we are at that stage now where you wonder why it hasn’t been realised. It would be good to see him start in the first team a couple of times again. He has always looked better in that than the cup team or sub appearances when chasing games against strong opposition.

His agent could also be saying walk and get the good signing on fee.

What does everyone else think?

Agree he needs a loan move.

He offers something different to our other options as he offers unpredictability as he doesn’t know what he will do next so the opposition don’t have a clue.

Problem is, does that really fit with a regular starter for us?

Apart from one run at the defence per game, he doesn't bring anything to the team. Not helped though by it being unclear what the formation is after some substitutions.

Ww should do whatever is the best way of maximising our financial return.

Like Simpson he desperately needs a loan move of at least 6 months if not a full season. Both need to prove they can make it. One thing' looking like you can'..another doing the business week in week out.
Wasn't Lys a winger in France...may be wrong

...I always think his potential is tremendous but we are at that stage now where you wonder why it hasn’t been realised...

This.

Most of the time he runs around the pitch looking like he's not that familiar with the game of football.

But then he has these moments when you think 'Wow, he's got something a bit special'.

None of us see training and my guess is he must do the good stuff regularly during the week.

So what happens come match day, when he so often looks lost and EH can be seen screaming instructions to him?

It's a strange one.

Really needs a run of FULL games , way too many off the bench .A loan would be a great option .
Eddie loves a settler team , another reason the like of him and Simpson struggle to break through .

There was a point when I thought he was going to be our secret weapon of the future but I'm starting to wonder a little now. One the one hand he's still only 23 so is relatively young but equally on the other hand he's 23 and can't afford another couple of seasons of bit-part appearances.

Unless Wilson or King move on in the summer, with the arrival of Solanke I think Lys might be off somewhere. If you can't displace the established front two for a starting spot, even when injuries strike, and the manager spends £19 million on another striker there's a not so subtle message there.

4th choice at this stage in his career would just be a waste.

he really needs to be playing regularly for someone at his age, its painful seeing some of these youngsters letting time slip by.....

Really needs a run of FULL games , way too many off the bench .A loan would be a great option .
Eddie loves a settler team , another reason the like of him and Simpson struggle to break through .

I think that this is why we needed 40 points earlier in the season. So by now time would be spent on developing the younger players

We had a bench with 2 kids on it yesterday and folk want more of our matchday squad players out on loan.

If they're not starting, let's just send them on loan and have a bench consisting of kids or Tindall, Purches, both Fletch's, Moss, Connell and Moseley.

We had a bench with 2 kids on it yesterday and folk want more of our matchday squad players out on loan.

If they're not starting, let's just send them on loan and have a bench consisting of kids or Tindall, Purches, both Fletch's, Moss, Connell and Moseley.

Let's be fair we didn't do too bad when the bench consisted of schoolkids, a suntan, and a wardrobe

Lys is one of those players that I’d love to see turn into a star for us, but I’m just not convinced he ever will be. I’d be interested to see Surridge and him alongside each other - from what I understand different types of strikers, but that’s not a bad thing.

...personally I would move him on along with Ibe and Rico..we need better IMO

Yet both him and Ibe provided the high points of yesterdays defeat. I don't think Ibe should have been subbed, he also looked lively against Cardiff.

Lets be honest we are only discussing these players due to Injuries so lets not get too hung up about them. That said, they are improving albeit slowly.

;