Manchester U v AFC Bournemouth

billythekid

UTC Legend
Mike Dean is the referee.

He was in charge of both home and away games against Watford and also away at Burnley.

‘Lambs’ To The Slaughter?

After another very disappointing performance at Dean Court and being basically taught a football lesson on how to score goals by Newcastle U, with a little bit of help from our own team! Dan Gosling provided someone consolation with a late first goal behind closed doors.
In normal circumstances our ‘gallant warriors’ would have had the daunting task on Saturday of playing in front of a 70,000 + crowd and when you are very low on confidence it isn’t a very inviting prospect. Luckily that will not be the case when the Cherries travel to Old Trafford to play an in form Manchester United side behind closed doors. It will be a very difficult game to come back with any much needed points in the form our side is in. Ole Gunnar Solskjær and his United side had been having a very up and down season in the Premier League and after their 1-0 (Josh King) defeat against the Cherries at Dean Court in November, their next game was at Old Trafford and they beat Brighton and finished the month with a draw at Sheffield U. At Old Trafford in December they beat Spurs and Newcastle U, drew with Aston Villa and Everton. In their away games they beat their local rivals City and Burnley, lost at Watford.

They started the New Year badly and during January they lost 3 out of 4 games in the Premier League. At home they beat Norwich C, then came a low, when they were beaten at Old Trafford 0-2 by Burnley in the last league game in January, before that they had lost at Arsenal and against the now Champions, Liverpool.

They then made an inspired signing late in the January transfer window when they signed midfield player Bruno Fernandes from Sporting Lisbon for a reported fee of around £47 million. Other signings in that window were the surprise signing of 30-year-old former Watford striker Odion Ighalo on loan from Chinese club Shanghai Shenhua. They also signed young goalkeeper Nathan Bishop from Southend for an undisclosed fee. With their new signing Fernandes, Manchester U gradually saw an improvement in results. At home in their first game in February they beat Watford and drew with Wolves, away they beat Chelsea. In March and before the lockdown, United completed the double at home over Manchester City and drew at Everton. Behind closed doors at home they beat Sheffield U 3-0, away drew 1-1 at Spurs and in their latest game convincingly beat Brighton 0-3.

The last time we met United at Old Trafford, we were beaten 4-1.
In our league games against Manchester United at Old Trafford, AFCB have W 0, D1, L3.
In all competitions AFCB have won 3, drawn 3 and lost 11.

Manchester United Team News
They have had no new reported injuries after the game against Brighton. Axel Tuanzebe and Phil Jones are the only absentees with injuries.

Manchester United Player To Watch
With two of their players on 14 goals each this season so far, Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial they are obviously ones that have to be watched. Then you have Paul Pogba, but a player who has made a big impression on Manchester United in his first 8 games in the Premier League is Bruno Fernandes in midfield, he has scored 5 goals and has 3 assists, a very strong all round player with an eye for goal.

AFCB Team News
Callum Wilson misses his second game through suspension. Charlie Daniels and Simon Francis are the other players missing through injury.

AFCB Player To Watch
This is getting more difficult to choose as there is no one who is standing out from the others, apart from Nathan Ake and he wasn’t playing with his usual form against Newcastle U. Will Eddie throw caution to the wind and try Sam Sturridge up front to try and get a goal? He may at least show some enthusiasm. But he didn’t even come off the bench against Newcastle at home, so will he throw him in away from home against the in form team Manchester United?

I'm looking forward to this Saturday less than any other since April 1960 !

I can't be doing listening or watching any of the build up Garbage on TV or Radio......... about what that drip Ole G. has to say about T 'Progress' his good lads are making...following in the wagon tracks of MC and the Mersey Mob.

CUS..that's what t'will be about !
We will be there..but we won't....if you det my grift...there will be more mention of Sheffield Utd or Wolves lifting their shirts!

I’m genuinely interested in what performance we get.
The players have had their showdown, do we get one team or two teams!
It will tell us what kind of ‘team’ we have. Anyone missing on Saturday :wagging::wagging:

it’s funny though, I still find myself addicted to thought of us pulling of a victory against all the odds.

[QUOTE="redskins, post: 382867,

it’s funny though, I still find myself addicted to thought of us pulling of a victory against all the odds.[/QUOTE]

Sadly I feel this is delusional but in the event I’m proved wrong I’ll happily run naked round my garden and film the entire spectacle for YouTube.

...not even sure that I will bother to watch it?...we are so shocking atm and I don’t want to see a not bothered group of players chasing around like headless chickens....after the absolutely disgraceful and embarrassing offering v Newcastle

Thoughts from a 4 year old who is already over the defeat...

"What kit are we going to wear because our new red and black fadey thing will clash?"

Let’s hope that after the team meeting after our latest defeat the players are of the same mindset as Eddie and they come out fighting and up for it

We can only hope, if they produce a performance like Wednesday night, then all the talk of hard words said etc will mean nothing.

From Eddie talking ahead of the game.

“Staying together and staying positive with each other is hugely important,” he said. “Nothing can change the past we can only change the future, the only way we’re going to do that is to stay with each other.

“A lot of outsiders will say we’re done, we’re finished. But historically at this club that’s always been the way. In many different aspects we’ve been written off but we’ve managed to overcome and against the odds we’ve come through and achieved great things, we’re going to have call on all those resources now.

“One point in seven games is nowhere near what we need, but the beautiful thing about that is that it is the past. Although the six games we have are very difficult on paper, sometimes that can bring out the best in us.

“I’m still very much with the team and very much of the positive mindset that we can do it, but certainly we’re going to have to elevate everything to a new level from what we’ve seen in the last few games.”

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/first-team/team-news-late-checks-ahead-of-old-trafford/

Ole Guns was walking through Trafford Park this morning with his pet Troll.
He spots Marcus Rashford hiding behind a tree , a quivering wreck.

Whatever is the matter my boy wonder?"

" I don't wanna play tomorrow oh great Thor Gaffer....l is frightened....them Boscombes mans is comin up off Sh*t Beach and they've Bottled up all their Goals for this game. That Gosserman gonna poke Dave in the eyes ...and the sub goalie too ...
..0 - 10 for their Goal Diff."

" Daft Lad.. know your phrases ! ....wrong use of Bottle....Boscombe have LOST their Bottle!".... and do you really think they will Do us up like Chickens? Boscombe ?"

"Kippers Gaffer ! ..know your phrases.. Do us up like Kippers! "

Last edited:
------------Ramsdale------------
Smith---Mepham---Ake---Kelly
---L. Cook---Lerma---Gosling---
Brooks-------King-------Stanislas

Subs: Boruc, Rico, Stacey, Cook, Billing, Danjuma, H. Wilson, Solanke, Surridge

Want to get as many underperforming players out and as many "players who care" into the starting lineup as possible. Would not be against dropping Lerma and King bh, both been atrocious, but because Surridge and Surman haven't played any games, I can't imagine that they won't be detrimentally rusty.

;