Manchester United v AFC Bournemouth

billythekid

UTC Legend
All Change At United

After the Boxing Day game against Spurs done and dusted, with a heavy 5-0 defeat for AFCB, the next game is the last of 2018 with a trip up North to face in form Manchester United. This will be our second game of the season against them and the start of the second half of the season.

United now have a temporary manager in charge after the dismissal of Jose Mourinho. The new man is an old United player, former Norwegian International Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Solskjaer was a long time servant for Manchester United, 11-years as a player, but injury forced him to retire in 2007. He remained at United and became reserve team manager. He returned to his native country Norway in 2011 to take the manager’s job at Molde. In January 2014 he became manager of Cardiff City, as it turned out it wasn’t a successful stint and he left in the September of that year. He became Molde manager again in October 2015 to the present day. Solskjaer has been loaned to Manchester United as caretaker manager until the end of this season. The Norwegian season is between March and December.

Since we last played Manchester United in November, their next game was away in the Manchester Derby against City, City won the game 3-1. United drew their last game of the month at Old Trafford 0-0 against Crystal Palace.
In their first game in December Manchester United visited Southampton, the game ended in a 2-2 draw. The next two games were at home against two London clubs. Arsenal were the first to visit and the game ended in a 2-2 draw. Fulham were not so lucky and went away with nothing after losing 4-1. The next game was away at Anfield against another Lancashire club Liverpool, United lost 3-1, it was to be Jose Mourinho’s last game in charge. The next game was away to Cardiff City with new manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in his first game in charge, his side recorded their biggest win of the season winning 1-5, against the first British club he managed. Back in front of the United fans at Old Trafford, Solskjaer’s revitalised side and especially Pogba beat Huddersfield 3-1.

This might just be the wrong time to be meeting them, as they are in good form under their new manager. Manchester United sit in 6th place in the table, six points above 12th placed AFCB.

In our league games against Manchester United at Old Trafford, AFCB have W 0, D1, L2

In all competitions AFCB have won 2, drawn 3 and lost 10.

Six Game Form Guide in the Premier League – Starting with latest game first:

Manchester U WWLWDD AFCB LWLLWL

Home Form Table
Manchester U - 6th P 9 W5 D3 L1 GF17 GA12 Pts18

Away Form Table
AFCB – 14th P9 W3 D0 L6 GF11 GA19 Pts9

Manchester U Team News
Romelu Lukaku missed the Cardiff City and Huddersfield games as he was away on compassionate leave. On the injury front and players who have been out are Alexis Sanchez with a thigh injury. Chris Smalling foot. Scott McTominay knock. Anthony Martial illness.

Manchester U Player To Watch
Paul Pogba now under a new manager has had a new lease of life. He had a very good game against Cardiff City and in his last home game against Huddersfield scored a brace. In both matches he was MOM. Anthony Martial is another player in form and amongst the goals.

AFCB Team News
The latest player to be joining the list of long term injuries is captain Simon Francis, he suffered an ACL knee injury at Wembley in the game against Spurs. He is out for the rest of the season. No other known injuries since Spurs game.

AFCB Player To Watch
David Brooks, will be in another tough game following Wembley defeat. Callum Wilson will be looking to get back on the score sheet again.

Unfortunately, and I stress unfortunately, the chances of getting anything at Old Trafford are very remote indeed.

Unfortunately, and I stress unfortunately, the chances of getting anything at Old Trafford are very remote indeed.

There was little old me looking at the odds on sky bet this morning and seeing we were 8/1 to win 1/3 to lose and thinking I need to come on this forum and see what our chances were of getting a result. Thank you for clarifying, I bid you a pleasant weekend.

It may be fairly obvious for me and probably you to realise that getting anything on Sunday is acutely remote. However, the Rose Tinted Spectacle Brigade seem to think otherwise.

I shall be watching the game up until Man Utd score the first goal as it will be game over from that point and then I shall be out for a brisk cycle ride.

It may be fairly obvious for me and probably you to realise that getting anything on Sunday is acutely remote. However, the Rose Tinted Spectacle Brigade seem to think otherwise.

I shall be watching the game up until Man Utd score the first goal as it will be game over from that point and then I shall be out for a brisk cycle ride.
Make sure you have your lights on it gets dark after 4-30

The majority of clubs worldwide would say that so hardly original.

Where are these people saying otherwise ? Can you give us a link ?

I'm looking forward to it like every game, I'm Interested in how we approach it but I guess I'm cut from a different cloth than someone who predicts defeat at every turn.

I assume that you are leaving your bicycle at the rear of the ground, maybe somewhere near the Quay ?

Let's hope that the stewards let you out.

;