Manchester United v AFC Bournemouth

This is Watford we are talking about, not fricking Liverpool. A team that didn't beat Newcastle at home. We have been very good against teams outside the big six all season and I have no real worries.

I think, with you [ and I've not knocked you before ], its just the relentless nature of negativity and the odds on fact that you will come up with something like this.

I bet we get Forest Green in the Cup some day and you will still be here saying its inevitable that we'll lose the game.

I would politefully and respectfully suggest that your brain may not be fully engaged into thinking mode with regard to our more recent set of circumstances. You have stated that we have been very good outside the big six all season and that you have no real worries.

What you have clearly not taken into account is that our current points haul was gathered when we had Ake, Francis, Gosling, A.Smith, L.Cook all in the side. Now we have not. You may care to revise your hypothosis.

I would politefully and respectfully suggest that your brain may not be fully engaged into thinking mode with regard to our more recent set of circumstances. You have stated that we have been very good outside the big six all season and that you have no real worries.

What you have clearly not taken into account is that our current points haul was gathered when we had Ake, Francis, Gosling, A.Smith, L.Cook all in the side. Now we have not. You may care to revise your hypothosis.
Is it confirmed that Ake is out? I’d imagine we’d not risk any further damage to a strain/pull but I’ve not seen it confirmed. Genuine question. Whilst he’s be a huge miss, I’d be comfortable with Mings coming in for a game or two. I’m assuming we’ll go back to 442/4411 which means a makeshift rightback, but even so, our midfield and strike force is, on paper, good enough to get a win against Watford. Just as it was against Brighton. We may not be at our best, and we’re stretched by injuries, but the match is not a foregone conclusion. Yes we COULD lose, but we COULD win. Or we could draw. I believe that’s all bases covered.

My brain is fine thanks. Even without Ake, we have Mings and Simpson ready. I wouldn't assume we would lose this game at all. It could happen of course.....but its not my first thought.

The 5 or 6 Newspapers I scanned today in Morrison's were so obsessed with Pogba and Old Gunnar that 5 of them reported a different player as recipient of Baillys Kung Fu kick. Two said it was Rico, another said Surman, another said Ake , even one saying it was Fraser....it obviously wasn't Ake or Fraser....it looked like Charlie to me!

The 5 or 6 Newspapers I scanned today in Morrison's were so obsessed with Pogba and Old Gunnar that 5 of them reported a different player as recipient of Baillys Kung Fu kick. Two said it was Rico, another said Surman, another said Ake , even one saying it was Fraser....it obviously wasn't Ake or Fraser....it looked like Charlie to me!
I think the kick would have cleared Wee Man’s head by long way.

;