Manchester United v AFC Bournemouth

This whole Christmas period has been a disaster - not all our fault but we've not deserved anything either.

Injuries luck and referee decisions have gone against us. That said we need to cut out ridiculous defensive errors and need much better decision making in the final third. Fine margins and we clearly have it in us but we need to get back to winning ways before a real lack of confidence sets in. Fortunately we've always managed to turn these things around so it shouldn't be a problem.

Another stupid comment has just been posted on the COWS blog stating that Utd are not stepping out of sencond gear and are not pulling the trigger.

What the twerp has not realised is that Utd already know the game is won and are now just seeing the game out.

The delusional world of the Rose Tinted Spectacle Brigade.
Why don't you just f**k off ar**wipe.

This whole Christmas period has been a disaster - not all our fault but we've not deserved anything either.

Injuries luck and referee decisions have gone against us. That said we need to cut out ridiculous defensive errors and need much better decision making in the final third. Fine margins and we clearly have it in us but we need to get back to winning ways before a real lack of confidence sets in. Fortunately we've always managed to turn these things around so it shouldn't be a problem.

No problem we will be fine. :thumbup:

For those who think Ibe had a good game. I dont care if hes not a defender, check his involvement (or lack of it) in nearly all goals and his complete lack of effort to make a tackle several times. Its shocking. Yeah, blame Eddie and all that but he should at least try when hes on the pitch.

Eddie chose a team which he new would lose. I dont know why, I dont know what it would gain but he didnt come here to win or get a draw.

You're obsessed with him. It's really unnatural. Brooks let his man go twice and you still manage to single Ibe out as at fault. It's weird behaviour.

They should have had 3 red cards. Young jumped up and planted his studs in the ankle of Wilson, and whoever that was that karate kicked Daniels' head off should have what Mings had when he trampled on ibrahimovic's head. Lukaku's goal was offside and back to the Daniels incident that was a penalty...

We were NOT rubbish at all. We did not get the rub of the green AGAIN.

:utc::thumbup:

We didn't get the rub of the green, true. But we are a team void of confidence putting nothing into our build up play. There were times with around 10 mins to go where 10 man utd had 2 players forward and we still defended with 7 excluding Begovic.

We created nothing except the goal against a somewhat rocky defence. And that's a theme that's been consistent for several weeks now.

It's been a while since we put in a performance that I personally have enjoyed. Not because we are losing, I just don't like the game we are currently playing.

He probably has no seat on that bicycle.....and gets a thrill riding across cobbled streets up there.....well ..he doesn't get thrills watching Boscombe does he?

Oh do cheer up for fucksake.

It's a makeshift defence and midfield, and going forward they are better than us.

However, we could still get something out of this, their defence has no excuse for looking so poor.
These guys are paid tens of thousands a week. This isn't poole town turning up fed.

I thought one was decent, only 1 mistake when he let Rashford run inside him.

He let pogba go for the header too. I don't think it's worth being too harsh on him because he was one of our better players and was arguably out of position. Moving forward though he needs to learn these parts of the game as well as knowing when the neat tricks are worth doing and when they aren't. His progress so far would suggest he'll pick these things up fairly quickly tbf.

All Pull Together and stop bickering....come on........it's not as if Man U have never won before is it.....or we have never lost!
Pigba cost £ 80 odd million....he is entitled to show his worth now and again..Jeez! Same with others in that side that were expensive!
Just our bad luck to go there with too many injuries and changes!

1] Druss. FFS man. A ridiculous slagging off of Ibe for no reason again. Playing out of position against Martial, he didn't do too bad across the whole game. Even got forward quite nicely in the first half.
2] Man U and their mega million pound players have decided to start playing again and are capable of beating any team in the league. Especially at OT. Their forward players are great when on form.
3] Having said that [ and the first goal was hugely annoying as Ake should have put Rashford into touch ] we didn't actually do too bad in that first half. Could have had two goals, both from Ake headers. And yes, frustrating to concede the next two goals, I know we will look at the back three but we also need to stop crosses coming in that easily too.
4] Ashley Young, easily could be a red. I have seen reds given this season for very similar tackles in other games. He has a habit of making those kind of stupid tackles, he isn't in control and there is a risk of injuring the opponent, which he did.
5] Eddie seemed really down about the second half but again, think we did ok in spells. I do think Stan and Josh don't hold the ball anywhere near as well as they should do though and it leads to a break up of any build up play. We know they have the skills, which makes it more frustrating.
6] Yet again, officials make errors which could have changed the whole course of the game. Whether we deserve to be winning or losing is irrelevant - they need to get these pretty basic things right. Its a penalty for that challenge on Charlie, Mason looking right at it too. That could have been a red card challenge for dangerous play as well. No guarantee of course but I'd fancy us to convert the penalty, 3-2 against ten [ should have been nine mind you ] for twenty minutes.
7] Obviously Utd fans will just say they would have stepped up again and just scored when they wanted anyway. Maybe but then again, we would also have stepped up.
8] Lukaku, a yard offside at least, 4-1 when it could have been 3-2. Absolutely typical of our luck
9] Sky Sports - bunch of Utd loving goons. While they did raise the errors during the game, it was with no real gusto or with any sense to highlight the wrong doing. In the studio after, it took twenty minutes for Jamie Redknapp to be asked about us, he did mention the high kick, they all just said it was a penalty and giggled about the kick. They vaguely mumbled about Lukaku being offside, as though it didn't matter.
10] Some hugely negative types on Twitter yet again. Trying to avoid them. The bigger picture is - January is about to arrive. A couple of nice signings where we need them and Smithy to get back soon after, things can start to turn around just as easily. We need to keep positive and look to the top half.

1] Druss. FFS man. A ridiculous slagging off of Ibe for no reason again. Playing out of position against Martial, he didn't do too bad across the whole game. Even got forward quite nicely in the first half.

Oh come on with all this "playing out of position". That doesnt stop him backing out from tackles. That doesnt stop him standing there letting players run past. He was shocking. He literally bottled a handful of tackles.

If you are picked to play in goal through to the front, you give 100% Hes a professional ffs.

You suggesting that Brooks is at fault for not stopping Pogba leaping header in the box? lol yeah should have out muscled him.

He was tracking him then just let him go. I'm suggesting he should have continued to track him and if he got outjumped then so be it. You are talking as someone who says Ibe was at fault for all of the goals so forgive me for not taking you seriously.

;