Mark Travers

RichGo

Star Player
Apparently we have another goal keeper on the books... Mark Travers.

We've just loaned him to Weymouth for next season:

http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/sport/terras/news/15391623.BREAKING_NEWS__Terras__Weymouth_sign_goalkeeper_Mark_Travers/

Hello Mark...

Goodbye (for now) Mark.

Scored for Weymouth today - rec all him quick.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/15483893.WATCH__Cherries_goalkeeper_Mark_Travers_scores_winner_on_senior_debut_for_loan_club_Weymouth/

I'm sure he's re-signed with the club and I have a feeling he's being included in the first team set-up (especially while Aaron is injured) but he doesn't feature on the teams listed on COWS.

They're probably going to bring on young players for the last minute of competitive matches as early as they can from now on after the Declan Rice situation...

On a more serious note, well done and congratulations to him. Maybe he really is one to watch. With him at 19 and Ramsdale at 20 you'd imagine only one would prevail with us but, either way, it sounds like he has the potential for a good career ahead of him.

Could probably do with a season of mens football at a decent level; high level League 1 club would be good?

Tricky situation with him and Ramsdale. You have Begovic who may well want to move on next summer, 40 year old Boruc and two very promising youngsters coming through.

Not to mention that Icelandic GK we just got on loan who, while I'm sure he's a good prospect, just seems a little bit pointless?

Not to mention that Icelandic GK we just got on loan who, while I'm sure he's a good prospect, just seems a little bit pointless?

Different age groups though. Travers and Ramsdale are at least 2 or 3 years older. Even if you think you already have young talent in a certain position, you should always be looking to identify the next generation.

Different age groups though. Travers and Ramsdale are at least 2 or 3 years older. Even if you think you already have young talent in a certain position, you should always be looking to identify the next generation.

Yeah I didn't realise he's only 17, so it's probably a good move.

;