Mark Travers

Well I’m very surprised that you disagree that people should be responsible and accountable for their own actions.

Which brings me to Waz. This isn’t about whether what he posts is right or wrong in the literal sense. It’s about behaviour, this by way of a level of arrogance, obnoxiousness, rudeness and hypocrisy that accompanies many of his posts.

In many parts of society this is neither accepted nor tolerated, and this place is no different. Waz has a choice in terms of how he behaves, and others on here also have a choice in the way they react and respond to such behaviour. As I said at the start, it’s about self responsibility and accountability, as is the case in life.
We don’t know him. He might be a kid. He might be mentally unstable. Or he might be normal and just a tosser. I just don’t agree with piling on people who you don’t know. Too dangerous.

Post something he got right then. Or post something I got wrong.
Waz points out that JZ and JA aren’t as good without one another. He also says we don’t play well against a low block. That’s just two things he gets right off the top of my head.

On your own admittance Rob you don’t talk tactics or formations etc you leave that to others. It’s impossible therefore to say you get anything wrong because you play it safe. Which is fine. If we all did though it wouldn’t be the same on here, for me at least, I like strong opinions.

I agree to a degree but when said poster repeatedly calls me delusional for my views that’s ok is it? E.g. ‘if you think we will reach anywhere near 90 points this season or we will beat Nottingham Forest you are delusional and you want to get your head checked?’

Anyone that didn’t bet on Notts Forest to finish 2nd was an idiot and the bookmakers have missed a trick…..

As you’ve said it’s a forum for differing views, there’s a way to go about getting those views across and if you go about it in the way certain posters did - hijacking every thread and repeating it time and time again then I see no reason why it can’t be bought up.

You’re seeing one side of the problem. Who’s to say calling me delusional or a head case wouldn’t affect my mental health…it doesn’t but that’s not the point
I get your point, but it’s one person disagreeing with you, give him it back as he entered the arena. That’s a lot different than a board pile on that could make you feel very isolated.

Going back to the OP, Travers spoke a few times this season about deliberately staying deep on his line to give himself more reaction time to make saves (and probably goes against what many of us have known in the past about commanding the area, narrowing angles etc)….so Waz’s analysis was correct in that respect, just the reasoning for that was off in that it wasn’t down to confidence but playing out what he was being coached to do.

Mark travers has improved greatly this season.he has filled out his frame and has matured and is far more confident as a person on and off the field.watching someone like mark develop from a young age into the player he is now has been great to see.he was allways tall and very quiet when he was younger, but now he has filled his frame and can only get better.

He has been a remarkable keeper at times and excellent in the other times. Forgetting the ‘how did he do that’ saves for one minute to me the most impressive thing has been the amount of goals you would consider to be his fault.

There are always a few for any keeper and certainly Boruc, Ramsdale and Begovic who were also excellent made the normal share of rickets. I can only think of 1 or 2 occasions where I wondered if he could have done better. When you then add back in the spectacular saves you get to the very odd situation where the fans think a keeper is a bigger factor in a promotion season than the 30 goal striker they’ve not had since 1972

Travers is probably close to being the best young keeper around. Every effort should be made to keep him at AFCB. Going into the Premier League for the first time must be easier as part of a team you know well.

Travers is probably close to being the best young keeper around. Every effort should be made to keep him at AFCB. Going into the Premier League for the first time must be easier as part of a team you know well.
We will be ok for one year as no PL team will make him first choice other than us. Keeping him after that might be more of an issue!

I fully admit I didn't think Travers was ready/good enough at the start of the season. I hadn't been impressed with him in his PL performances, even his game v Spurs he so nearly got caught ball watching when Son chipped him from near the half way line. I hoped we would sign an experienced keeper and hoped Woodman would sign at the start.
Luckily I am not the AFCB manager !
I am so pleased he has proved me wrong. He has been outstanding, his ability to stay on his feet and react quickly is incredible at times.
Now I am not being negative but the striker quality in the PL is a different ball game, but I think he can do well there as well.

Tbf to the Travers doubters i don't even think that Parker thought of Mark as a first choice.....if he had signed Woodman as he planned at the start of the season we wouldn't have seen Travers.

We don’t know him. He might be a kid. He might be mentally unstable. Or he might be normal and just a tosser. I just don’t agree with piling on people who you don’t know. Too dangerous.
He once posted how many promotions he’d seen, so that would give an indication of his age.

I'm with Neil here. If he annoys you that much put him on ignore (I did). But the pack mentality against him is a bit OTT. The guy just needs to learn how to say "I think".
Although you did mention him first post of the Forest Thoughts thread ;-)

If you like humiliating and gang piling on someone… not my personal preference but each to their own…

Inclined to agree. There are ways to disagree and people do often bring him up. It's OTT I think. The forum guidelines also make it pretty clear that respect should be shown. Maybe Waz deals with football fear that we might lose by predicting that loss so he won't be disappointed by that loss. It's a bit pessimistic but I think we've all probably done that in life before. Anyway, his predictions are entertaining sometimes. Why not just laugh rather than be nasty? Life's too short, surely.

As for Travers, I wasn't sure he was ready at the start of the season. He seemed really edgy and didn't command the box that well well in pre season and the first couple of matches even though his shot stopping ability couldn't be questioned. He's just grown and grown, though and now oozes confidence and has a real commanding presence. I think having Cahill there early on probably helped him with his calming presence. Anyway, he was ready and I was wrong. Very glad I was:)

;