Mark Travers

My heart sank when I first saw Travers on the team sheet, I then thought, poor sod what a game to have to play in. He proved me wrong that day and has been nothing short of exceptional since. He, along with Zemura are the best young players we’ve had in years. I hope we can keep them both as I’m sure they will both do well this season

I honestly do not understand how the Championships best keeper of last season doesn’t start in this Irish team ahead of Liverpool’s average backup and a keeper who finished mid table in league 1.

I know this one!!!

The current manager knows that if their (potentially) best keeper has a few outstanding games at international level, he might get bought by one of those big clubs that get to decide if players are fit or not to play for their (not important to big clubs) country in the future.

I'm obviously hoping we're not actually one of those clubs...

Have been mostly absent from the forum since the end of the season, looking in on NEJ, other threads that seem interesting, or anything with a player name (especially in fear that we might lose one of our prize assets).

So looked into this one today and what do I find ....... the same old WAZ crap that was ongoing during the season. Makes me realize how much I didn't miss any of this.

I honestly do not understand how the Championships best keeper of last season doesn’t start in this Irish team ahead of Liverpool’s average backup and a keeper who finished mid table in league 1.
It is truly puzzling. The young Man City lad certainly had potential but is not close to Travers yet. The Liverpool lad is nothing special, I can only assume he gets picked due to the fact he plays for Liverpool.

It is truly puzzling. The young Man City lad certainly had potential but is not close to Travers yet. The Liverpool lad is nothing special, I can only assume he gets picked due to the fact he plays for Liverpool.

How to pronounce Kelleher's first name just out of interest? I was wondering the other day. Is it 'Callum'?

I'll be very surprised if we don't lose one or two of our wonderful lads. I get the feeling that Eddie is avoiding any of our team, don't know why, but I feel he is looking overseas for International players but there will be plenty of other Hawks looking.
UTC

That’s because it was the “same old WAZ crap that was ongoing during the season”. The thread was only bumped yesterday and the only mention of anything like you’re referring to was erm, your post.
Think you missed KBGs post at 2:15. But that's OK, Neil will come to my rescue now that you are bullying me.

I'll be very surprised if we don't lose one or two of our wonderful lads. I get the feeling that Eddie is avoiding any of our team, don't know why, but I feel he is looking overseas for International players but there will be plenty of other Hawks looking.
UTC
Don't know why?

Maybe because he would ruin his reputation in Bournemouth if he raided our players.

With the new wealth at the club he would look like a one trick pony if he touched any of our players.

Howe is a smart cookie with his eyes on the England job.

Newcastle will not buy any of our players before August 2022.

Istabraq??

Double or nothing.

Don't know why?

Maybe because he would ruin his reputation in Bournemouth if he raided our players.

With the new wealth at the club he would look like a one trick pony if he touched any of our players.

Completely agree, although more with the latter part. If Howe genuinely thought one of our players would benefit his new side he wouldn't hesitate to go for them.

I think it's far more to do with none of our players being at the level that Newcastle are aiming for.

Don't know why?

Newcastle will not buy any of our players before August 2022.

Istabraq??

Double or nothing.

Short memory. Howe didn't hesitate to raid our players last time he left. He probably just doesn't fancy any of them.

;