Marseille.

Even if it isn't, it will be a different us XI so doesn't really tell us anything apart from pointless conjecture for the next week. Still, I believe that's one of the reasons this place exists...

What was the final score? 5-0???

How do he midfield play? Thoughts on that being our starting XI? I’d really hoped Arter might have snuck in ahead of Gosling or Surman, but maybe not...

One week to prove he’s still got what eddie needs to see...

How do he midfield play? Thoughts on that being our starting XI? I’d really hoped Arter might have snuck in ahead of Gosling or Surman, but maybe not...

Arter is like a budgie, he needs a mirror so he can knock the **************** out of himself.

Final score 5-2 although we sat back after the fifth went in and had a makeshift defence when Ake went off.

Midfield looked good. Fraser terrified them.

As for the starting XI, I still expect to see Lewis Cook come into the side next week. I'd also be surprised if Brooks makes the XI but wouldn't be shocked if he was on the bench.

Last edited:
That **************** Perrett has obviously been on here as he had the score as 5-1 twenty minutes ago.

Left for an early shandy Neil ?

Not sure. He didn't appear to be limping but the commentator said he went straight down the tunnel. At a guess it was precautionary after he felt a slight twinge as it would be pointless risking aggravating something in a friendly and they wanted to check it out.

Typical that the one friendly I've been unable to follow at all turns out to be a belter! Any thoughts much appreciated, and I'll catch up with it all later.

No intention to go today, but granddaughter was desperate after going last night (and a preference over afternoon out with granny was a first, so not to be turned down). Glad i went in the end, entertaining stuff against poor side.
Impressed with both Rico and Brooks on first showing

That was a good all round performance, good pace too given the heat. If we play as we did today against Cardiff it could just give us that elusive first win of a new season.

Not sure. He didn't appear to be limping but the commentator said he went straight down the tunnel. At a guess it was precautionary after he felt a slight twinge as it would be pointless risking aggravating something in a friendly and they wanted to check it out.

Ake was moving awkwardly just before he was subbed. Not limping but didn't look comfortable and not moving as freely as normal. Hopefully the sub was mostly precautionary and it is nothing serious.

Adam Smith also looked like he was carrying a knock at the final whistle.

Anyway, reasons to be hopeful for the season after today's showing. Brooks probably sub next Saturday but impressed by his showing and I would think he'll be in the starting 11 on a regular basis soon. When Stan is fit I think it will be a fight for places which is good thing.

Worth a tenner that's for sure. Interesting that there are so many comparisons with Chelsea away on here as that is exactly what we said. When it clicks like that you can see what EH is striving for in how he wants our side to evolve. We can't always dominate possession in this league but with a swashbuckling front four running riot we can smash anyone when it comes together.

If Fraser starts the season on that sort of form we are in business. Brooks looked sharp too at RW and is in with a real chance of starting next week. Wilson and king will start next week. With Mouss, JD, Ibe, Stan etc we have some good options. The key to it all is moving the ball quickly - something we don't often do.

Reactions: DJ
Horrible drive through the New Forest, but well worth it. Yes, it was only a friendly but I did enjoy that. We started with real pace, and I was very impressed with Brooks.

I can add that one to 'On this Day' for next year ;-)

Anyone know the attendance?

;