Marseille.

Fun game to watch. It’s apparent to me that wee man and smith are pivotal in our attacking. Both add an extra dimension. Looks like Brooks is a solid signing. King and Wilson getting goals is great.

As marseille start their season on Friday both teams should have been in the same spot pre-season. So 5-0 with our first team (couple of exceptions) was a fantastic score line. So we conceded two the second disappoints the most as we should have closed him down but with all the forced changes both in personnel and formations makes it a little more forgivable. I hope Ake is ok.

Cardiff lost to Betis 1-2
Very kind of you to mention that. We have our concerns about our squad for the coming season, but I am sure that we will give you a good game next weekend.
warnock.gif

It's ok, we lost 2-0 to them. In reality, as much as we kick up a fuss about them preseason friendlies mean bog all. Even when we were tearing OM apart today you could still tell it wasn't a proper match.

It's ok, we lost 2-0 to them. In reality, as much as we kick up a fuss about them preseason friendlies mean bog all. Even when we were tearing OM apart today you could still tell it wasn't a proper match.
Yeah they gave up after 15 secs. Typical French.

As a matter of idle curiousity, is the ball being used for next season the same make that was used today? That was a wicked bend on the last goal.

As a matter of idle curiousity, is the ball being used for next season the same make that was used today? That was a wicked bend on the last goal.
I thought the ball must have hit Charlie in the head as it swerved so sharply - the announcer didn't think so though.
If no touch from Daniels, that was a dastardly swerve.

Last night and today was like 2 different teams, like day and night. Brooks looks good but don't expect him to be a regular from the off. I know it was sweltering and we played at a high tempo for much of the match but he was cramping up towards the end. Eddie like's to wait until they can play that sort of game without risk of muscle damage. He can't half cover ground quickly and obviously lied about his age, he looks like he hasn't done his GCSEs yet : )

It appears white plimsoles are in this season, only 2 weren't wearing them today during the game : )

Ake took a knock 5 or 6 minutes before halftime, first it looked like his back, then his knee but my theory is someone stamped on his foot. He tried to run it off, still didn't look comfy at the start of the second half, so I wasn't surprised he went off. Not sure about any other injury scares, some of them must have been knackered, playing at that tempo in that heat.

The starting defensive 5 and midfield appeared determined to keep a clean sheet but when Ake was replaced by Hyndman it changed the dynamics and started to become a typical pre season friendly.

A lot of positive signs over the 2 games but then again it's what I look for : )

Ake took a knock 5 or 6 minutes before halftime, first it looked like his back, then his knee but my theory is someone stamped on his foot. He tried to run it off, still didn't look comfy at the start of the second half, so I wasn't surprised he went off.
In the post-game interview Eddie said Ake had a toe injury which, had it been a regular season game, would not have forced him off.
This would be consistent with your foot-stamp theory. :)

Strange, it's on mine. Do you have Al on ignore? He created the thread so perhaps it doesn't show if you have the person on ignore.

Possibly. People don't like the facts and true recounting of the game.
I generally don't slag off the team...just the off field morons. who try to run the show.

Brooks looks good but don't expect him to be a regular from the off. I know it was sweltering and we played at a high tempo for much of the match but he was cramping up towards the end. Eddie like's to wait until they can play that sort of game without risk of muscle damage.

Serious question: can cramp lead to muscle damage?

Honest answer, I don't know, I just assumed it did. I'm sure there's people more educated in muscle injuries and cramps than me, on here : )

A muscle contusion is a bruise. They are the second leading sports injury behind strains. Most muscle contusions are minor, heal quickly and may not even require athletes to stop their activities. When muscle contusions are severe, they can cause deep tissue damage, and recovery can take months of rest.

A muscle cramp is an involuntary, forceful contraction of a skeletal muscle. A “charley horse” is a common example. Muscle cramps are most likely to affect calf muscles, hamstrings on the back of the thigh and quadriceps on the front of the thigh. Most muscle cramps aren’t serious.

;