Match Report: A Fine Display with an Unfortunate End:

I found it amusing that they started chanting "F*** off Bournemouth" in response to our chanting of "Come on Bournemouth". It was as if they were pissed off that opposition fans were supporting their team.

Not as amusing as when they started to chant "we forgot that you were here."

:slap:

On balance, with hindsight, a Chelsea win was probably the right result, but having held them for 83 minutes, we were tantalisingly close to playing Russian Roulette (literally, given our respective owners!).

We 100% will need to recruit in January if we start playing Russian Roulette literally :eek!:

Enjoyed last night despite the result. Great view and good game under the lights. Particularly impressed with Boruc, Simpson, Wilson and (before he tired) Mousset. I would start Boruc on Saturday.

Enjoyed last night despite the result. Great view and good game under the lights. Particularly impressed with Boruc, Simpson, Wilson and (before he tired) Mousset. I would start Boruc on Saturday.

It was a remarkable performance by Artur last night considering his age and lack of involvement so far this season.
As Eddie said in the Echo - a player who really can step up for the big games.

...no disgrace to lose to Chelsea last night....we took it close but didn't get the luck with their goal. I would have liked to have had the chance to see them off over penalties but it wasn't to be!

At least Jack Simpson, Jordon Ibe, Diego Rico and Lys Mousset got some important game time.

I do worry that we will lose Callum to them in January, in which case our team will be significantly weakened. I can't really see Loftus-Cheek leaving Chelsea if I am honest.

We have a good squad and hopefully our fortunes will change over the next few months and we can consolidate our PL status in style.

We may lose players but thats football, how good you are is determined by how you replace them. I would imagine EH has a list of targets to replace any of our players that may leave. It says something for this club and EH in particular that since we joined the PL only one player, Matt Ritchie, has left that we didn't really want to lose.

Good summary. Agree with pretty much all of it apart from saying Ibe had a poor game on Saturday - he played well at Wolves too in my view. I'd never have thought he'd look solid defensively but credit where it's due he's looked decent at wing back.

Good summary. Agree with pretty much all of it apart from saying Ibe had a poor game on Saturday - he played well at Wolves too in my view. I'd never have thought he'd look solid defensively but credit where it's due he's looked decent at wing back.
Agree Ibe was fine for 40 mins at Wolves and played well last night. Never lost sight of Willian. Worked well with Cookie and looked a danger going forward. Could be a big player for us - time to get off his back East Stand?

...no disgrace to lose to Chelsea last night....we took it close but didn't get the luck with their goal. I would have liked to have had the chance to see them off over penalties but it wasn't to be!

At least Jack Simpson, Jordon Ibe, Diego Rico and Lys Mousset got some important game time.

I do worry that we will lose Callum to them in January, in which case our team will be significantly weakened. I can't really see Loftus-Cheek leaving Chelsea if I am honest.

We have a good squad and hopefully our fortunes will change over the next few months and we can consolidate our PL status in style.
Just can't see them letting Wilson go tbh; especially not half way through the season.
I'm looking forward to who we bring in! Lets strengthen and make another step forward for 2019. After last night I'm optimistic we're about to hit a purple patch again :utc:

Although Eddie Howe said Wilson's not leaving in January, so would be a brave board to sell

And what would happen if Wilson has had his head turned and wnats to go? There would be no point in keeping him.

I found it amusing that they started chanting "F*** off Bournemouth" in response to our chanting of "Come on Bournemouth". It was as if they were pissed off that opposition fans were supporting their team.

Great to hear, becoming a bogey team of sorts for them. Being chanted against means being taken seriously. They've seen us there four times in a year, playing lovely football, stuffing them once, them being very lucky with late late shows twice. Fair play to them for being sick of the sight of us

No one has mentioned how carp the far side lino was. Quite a few debateable offsides and anything 50/50 or 40/60 went to Chelsea.

Some of the papers say Eddie missed an opportuinty as we're 11 points off relegation by not starting with our strongest side but for me Brighton on Saturday is more important with away games after against Spurs and the Mancs.

To be honest I'm glad we gave a good performance which boosts confidence and lost. Another two games against Spurs in January would have been too much for us with our depleted squad after a tough December.

Some of the papers say Eddie missed an opportuinty as we're 11 points off relegation by not starting with our strongest side but for me Brighton on Saturday is more important with away games after against Spurs and the Mancs.

I think the other thing there is squad management. Fringe players are kept from mutiny by knowing that cup opportunities exist, if yo jettison all those players once there's a sniff of a trophy it must hit hit morale like a brick

I think the other thing there is squad management. Fringe players are kept from mutiny by knowing that cup opportunities exist, if yo jettison all those players once there's a sniff of a trophy it must hit hit morale like a brick
Exactly ! Common sense would dictate that should we reach the semi or the final we MUST play our absolute first choice eleven. But if the team that got you into that position in the first place was not your first eleven, swapping them out when it really matters would be a massive two fingers up to the players involved. I’m sure Eddie would be loyal enough to play the team which earned the right to be there but you just know that the media would criticise him for it. I think it’s a damned if you do and damned if you don’t situation. Personally I like the fact that Eddie values the human aspect over the purely logical aspect. It gives the fringe players a genuine sense that at least a few times a year they actually have something to play for. If they can pull it off the glory should go to them. The best solution would be to have one team good enough to win the cup and another team to comfortably assure Premier League survival. Anything other than that is a bit of a dilemma for the manager and it must be a tricky call to make.

;