Match Report and MOM v Blackburn Rovers

Skill/ability and a players financial 'value' are only two aspects of a successful team.
Application and Control are a massive part of it... everything has to gel together and stay stable like that over a ten month period!

Think we have the best team?
Without a doubt.....Lerma....Danjuma.....Brooks....Stan.....there isn't a team in this league that could dream of having this sort of quality.....some of our fans have to stop looking at our squad as though we're going to have to compete againsgt PL teams...we don't....our defence can make mistakes and they won't be punished....We can have a poor game in this league and still score 3 goals and win.....thats the reality.

Without a doubt.....Lerma....Danjuma.....Brooks....Stan.....there isn't a team in this league that could dream of having this sort of quality.....some of our fans have to stop looking at our squad as though we're going to have to compete againsgt PL teams...we don't....our defence can make mistakes and they won't be punished....We can have a poor game in this league and still score 3 goals and win.....thats the reality.
Don’t get me wrong in what I’m about to say, I agree 100% with what you’ve said, however isn’t it quite ridiculous that we now think like this.

I remember when we first got promoted from League One, I used to think that the issue with the Championship was that any defensive mistakes got punished, whilst the opposition defenders were that good that you have to take any chances you do get. Funny how quickly perception can change as a result of your teams success.....

The 5-3-2 has its advantages, one being you can defend in numbers when playing a strong attacking team.
However, in the Champ when will we realistically want 5 players behind the ball? It worked well against Benfica, but we won't be getting into Europe for some time (unless we win the FA Cup this year).
On the other hand, if we play it more consistently as a 3-2-4-1 or something like that, it could be good.
Otherwise, 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 will be very useful, depending on the opposition.

It would be interesting to see how 4-1-4-1 would work against some of the stronger sides in this division.

Don’t get me wrong in what I’m about to say, I agree 100% with what you’ve said, however isn’t it quite ridiculous that we now think like this.

I remember when we first got promoted from League One, I used to think that the issue with the Championship was that any defensive mistakes got punished, whilst the opposition defenders were that good that you have to take any chances you do get. Funny how quickly perception can change as a result of your teams success.....

Indeed !I remember thinking(after our rather poor start,and brilliant turnaround months later and then to next season ) just how poor the majority of championship clubs were.Giving the ball away ,goalies miskick straight into touch and as you say hilarious defending and horrendous missing easy tap-in goals.

Everton played 4-3-3 exceptionally well today I thought. Defended brilliantly with the three sitting midfielders and the three up front given a lot of license. The back four helps protect this. No space down the outside

JT on Solent this morning says both Cook and Mepham were "only 60% fit" on Saturday, but we had no choice but to use them.

Hopefully that is encouraging, in that when both are match fit again, the defence might look a little better?!

JT on Solent this morning says both Cook and Mepham were "only 60% fit" on Saturday, but we had no choice but to use them.

Hopefully that is encouraging, in that when both are match fit again, the defence might look a little better?!

It’s also a sign of how poorly rated Jack Simpson is...

It’s also a sign of how poorly rated Jack Simpson is...
I think we all can see that sadly as he is a decent lad.

Also if two of your three first choice centre backs are not fit all the more reason to only play two of them :)

;