Match Report and Mom v Man U

Funny how people see things differently. To me Fraser ran at them constantly. Brooks drifted in and out of the game and faded completely second half.

I love Fraser but his passing was woeful today. It wasnt much better at Fulham but thats forgotten for his two great assists. Brooks always looked in control and rarely put a pass adrift.

Funny how people see things differently. To me Fraser ran at them constantly. Brooks drifted in and out of the game and faded completely second half.

Yes but what a goalline clearance.

Attachments

• 52109B2A-BEA1-4B89-9762-6FA8D7931DCB.jpeg
    52109B2A-BEA1-4B89-9762-6FA8D7931DCB.jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 14
The subs do seem so disappointing. As soon as you see the likes of Gosling and Surman coming on you know they aren’t going to add any attacking threat at all.

If we could improve the squad a bit to have subs that can change the impetus of a game we would be a much better team.

The subs do seem so disappointing. As soon as you see the likes of Gosling and Surman coming on you know they aren’t going to add any attacking threat at all.

If we could improve the squad a bit to have subs that can change the impetus of a game we would be a much better team.

We're still fielding the best bench we've had since joining the Premier league.

Thought Fraser was completely anonymous in the second half, was surprised he wasn't hooked.

Agree that bringing Surman and Gosling into midfield is just not going to provide anything positive nowadays. I prefer Ibe coming on over these two at the moment.

Not sure that's the point exactly. When the midfield goes soft, our forwards can't play with as much freedom. By stiffening up the middle it actually allows people like Callum to play a bit higher and perhaps be more dangerous. I don't see it as negative at all.

Not sure that's the point exactly. When the midfield goes soft, our forwards can't play with as much freedom. By stiffening up the middle it actually allows people like Callum to play a bit higher and perhaps be more dangerous. I don't see it as negative at all.
I know what you’re saying, but one defensive midfielder in Surman, and Gosling with the touch of a 5 year old on a bouncy castle, we aren’t going to win the battle in the middle against the likes of Man Utd.

Mourinho went long...... we could have done the same, rather than trying to win it in the middle.

Gosling and Surman don’t have a forward pass between them.

Mourinho showed his skill here..... he knows that Howe doesn’t trust his forwards and only makes midfield changes.

He looked at our bench and outsmarted Howe.

Eddie will get there one day, he’s young and relatively inexperienced.

We are in the position we are because of Eddie and the first eleven.

Until we are able to have quality on the bench that Eddie will trust, our substitutions will rarely win us a game.

I’m sorry but Gosling and Surman won’t change a 1-1 evenly contested match.

Why not employ a giant lump of a forward who can change a game after 70 minutes.

Brrrrr brrrrr,brrrr,brrrrr,brrrrrrr

“Fletch, give us a minute mate, I’m writing a post on vitals”

Pogba ran the game in the second half. I was disappointed that Lerma wasn't told to man mark Pogba.

Thanks Neil as always nice read. My only thought was to differ over Lerma as I thought he was immense and deserved at least an 8

UTCIAD

I know what you’re saying, but one defensive midfielder in Surman, and Gosling with the touch of a 5 year old on a bouncy castle, we aren’t going to win the battle in the middle against the likes of Man Utd.

Mourinho went long...... we could have done the same, rather than trying to win it in the middle.

Gosling and Surman don’t have a forward pass between them.

You can question Goslings touch, but I think he often tries to get us going forward, probably as much as Cook and Lerma. He also gets around the pitch as much as any of our players. Cant blame him yesterday

Observation after yesterday and tuesdays game was the Eddie needed to make changes sooner - on both occasions you could tell a goal was coming.

Fraser clearly looked tired in the second half and brooks was becoming less effective. I would have liked us to go 3-5-1-1 or 4-5-1 gosling for Fraser. How we could have done with King as an option from the bench yesterday.

;