Match Report and MOM v Spurs

I thought our defence looked very poor for the first 30 mins, tottenham were cutting through us without getting into top gear. Understandable perhaps given it wasn't the first choice line-up but it wasn't working and remains our biggest weakness to address before next season.
Really......

A bloke behind me kept screaming ‘this is embarrassing’ every time Spurs got the ball in the second half. I asked him in the end... do you expect Spurs to never get the ball? ‘They shouldn’t when we have two extra men’ he said.

You give up at that point...

Can we have a hotline number to phone to report these incessant whingers and get them removed (or at least gaffer tape their mouths) - we've got one at the top of the north stand who spouts crepe most of the game.

Good report Neil - thanks for doing them every week.
Don’t think there was any stamp from Jeff
And surely Spurs were playing 4-3-1 with Lucas Moura staying up front
Yeah agreed it wasn’t two banks of four. Which,in a way, makes it worse that we could break them down until number superiority at a set play

I
Can we have a hotline number to phone to report these incessant whingers and get them removed (or at least gaffer tape their mouths) - we've got one at the top of the north stand who spouts crepe most of the game.

I've said it before, start linking the level of support during the 90 with their ticket points. Plenty of people queuing up to get behind the team.

Reactions: drd
Thanks also for the reports this season, to Neil and the others who have done them.
Pleased that credit was given to Ibe, especially for the first half as you say. Still saw comments from people on here and Twitter saying we played with ten when he was on the pitch which is baffling. Shows what he is up against.
Jeff certainly didn't stamp on Son, he did tread on his foot and there was a little slap on his back but I loved the way he raced in to protect Fraser, who was fouled.
Crazy how some fans can't see the game and how it's working. While even I was frustrated how it went against nine men, I did also realise this was Spurs we were playing. I suspect every team plans for situations like this, however rarely they come around.
I felt we missed both Brooks - for his ability to link through the middle - and actually Gosling, for the way he does burst from midfield, where Jeff and Ake were sitting.
Happy that Spurs fans got so riled about the game and about Jeff [ although some of the stuff posted has been awful ] - great that we got on their case, something the likes of Alli try every week.

Lerma seemed to thump Son quite lightly on the back with one hand as he bent over and Son responded aggressively with an energetic double handed push to the upper chest/face. Lerma was definitely trying to wind him up but what he did was probably not an offence as such.

Lerma seemed to thump Son quite lightly on the back with one hand as he bent over and Son responded aggressively with an energetic double handed push to the upper chest/face. Lerma was definitely trying to wind him up but what he did was probably not an offence as such.
"thump quite lightly" :wahey:

I think this just before the red pissed him off.

Its a bit naught of Jeff of course but we've seen players do this for years, its nothing dangerous, its there to annoy Son and stop a move, nothing more. Spurs need to be able to handle this kind of thing without worrying about it. They have better players than us, if I was a fan, I'd just want them to reply by beating us!

It’s the sort of thing Man City do every game. Lerma was a marked man earlier in the season but until yesterday had been pretty much under the radar discipline wise for the past few months. He just needs to watch his step as fairly or not, he’ll be a cause for discussion again in referees meetings after yesterday

Lerma was daft to touch Son but no way was it a punch and I think it was more in frustration. A slap at worst but not hard enough to warrant Son's reaction. Some teams like to give it out but can't take it when it's returned.

;